Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Vote for ** ALL ** events you plan to attend (Post to this thread also for 2 or more)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the poll above, please vote for ALL of the events you plan to attend. We need final head counts to adjust our reservations. If you have 2 or more people, post the numbers in the thread as well, thanks!

Details of Our Tentative Schedule:
The underlined restaurant and activity names are links to their respective web sites.

The activities are designed so that folks who are coming in from different directions can link up with us at various spots. This is particularly true for folks driving down from the North on Saturday Morning. Our lunch on Saturday is somewhat later than noon to permit folks to drive down from up North, and still join us.

Basically, if you start your voyage from the Bay area at around 8:30-9:00, you'll be in time for Lunch in Big Sur.

Do let us know by voting if you plan to attend.​

Attention Forum Lurkers! You too are invited! Just sign up for the forum, and vote in the Poll above.

Lodging Info:
  • 2005-11-04/2005-11-06
  • San Simeon
  • Courtesy Inn: [http://www.courtesyinns.com/]
  • 800-555-5773
  • Room pricing:
    • both Friday and Saturday nights [Nov 4 to Nov 6]
      • $59.95 + 5.40 tax = $65.35 / night (total $130.70)
    • Saturday Night only [Nov 5 to Nov 6]
      • $59.95 + 5.40 tax = $65.35 / night (total $65.35)
Booking Your Room
  • They will start accepting room assignments today.
  • UPDATE 2005-10-07: The Courtesy Inn has additional availability, so it's now first come first served, and we can take more folks on Friday night.
  • When you book, tell them your with the "Solstice Club of America" (our interim name) to get the group discount rate.
  • Give them your credit card to reserve your room.
  • Deadline for group rate discount was October 20, but rooms may still be available at the group rate, call to find out!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Example for more than one guest....

OK, I'll start. I'm bringing my wife, Renee, to ALL of the events for which I'm listed. That makes two of us.

Thus, the count at the time of this writing is now up to 4 for the Saturday Lunch, Dinner, and Meeting evening events, and 3 for all of the others....

How about it, Brainfreeze31 and Shinoo? Anyone coming with you? I expect The Stig (Neil) and one or two other KapaSphere folks to sign in... I know there's more than just one of you headed to San Simeon. :cool:

Also, don't be afraid to post to the thread. It will help keep it floated up toward the top where more folks are likely to see it...

I'll be sending out PMs to the list of folks who've had interest in the past, and participated in past threads, but for now, let's see if we can keep this thread bumpped up.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My wife, Glenda and I will be arriving mid morning on Sat and leaving after Breakfast on Sun. We plan to join the group for Lunch on Sat, Dinner and Breakfast on Sun. We will be bringing our car.

I have just added a Kappashere/Fujita Air Intake and can share my experinces. See you there!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am bringing my wife and family (4 total, Sol not delivered yet :( ) to lunch and dinner. Most likely just myself to the meeting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My husband and I will also probably attend. We will have to catch up with the group some time Saturday around Big Sur and will stay over Sat. night to participate in Sundays activities also.

Are there still rooms available at the hotel?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sorry I'm going to miss most of you, but my wife and I are going to try for Sunday lunch in Morro Bay. Unfortunately that's the best we can do. Better late than never? We will have our car. :cool:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I'll probably be flying solo, but the girls might meet us for lunch on Saturday. Chrissie wants to put some faces with names and check out the Kappasphere and Gravana cars.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call the Hotel and ask, the answer's probably yes!

Marlene209 said:
My husband and I will also probably attend. We will have to catch up with the group some time Saturday around Big Sur and will stay over Sat. night to participate in Sundays activities also.

Are there still rooms available at the hotel?
Give Manesh Gupta (the manager at Courtesy Inn) a call. There are probably still rooms available.

Then, either vote, or post here (or both) to let us know how many (or correct a previous vote) for each activity. Thanks! Hope to see both of you there! :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks like I'm now going to make it. I'm going to try and hook up with whoever shows up at the River Inn on Saturday and go down with the pack. May stay over on Saturday night as I called and they still have some rooms left. Looking foward to meeting you all.

Steak

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rooms still available as of last night.

My wife, Leona, and I will be there sometime mid-afternoon. Hope to make it in time for lunch.

VIN #1771, built 9/21/05, delivered 10/19/05. Sly with everything except On-star, XM, and smokers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bringing Someone

I'll be bringing my son-in-law for lunch in Big Sur. That's two of us.
Not sure if we'll make the drive farther down or not we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wife and i will be coming sat. am from slo, plan on spending the day and look forward to meeting you all, bringing our car.
loving it, john

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't forget to vote!

vegachief said:
My wife, Leona, and I will be there sometime mid-afternoon. Hope to make it in time for lunch.
Be sure to vote in the Poll for at least Dinner on Saturday night. That one's not to be missed, check out the URL, Ragged Point is very cool!

Thanks to slo944 for the suggestion of Ragged Point. It handily solved the "Where do we eat Saturday night?" problem, and gave even folks who roll in in the late afternoon a chance to drive out of town a bit to get to dinner, making it a mini road trip. :cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
inov814u said:
I'll be bringing my son-in-law for lunch in Big Sur. That's two of us.
Not sure if we'll make the drive farther down or not we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Well, when I ramp up the number of reservations for Saturday night, I'll try to include a few extra spots.

However, folks, please, please do not count on extra spots!

PLEASE vote in the poll and post your number of guests. It's very important we have a fairly accurate head count.

Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
will be there

My significant other and I will be down there in the late afternoon Sat. Will be there for the dinner and breakfast the next day.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great response so far!

solkool said:
My significant other and I will be down there in the late afternoon Sat. Will be there for the dinner and breakfast the next day.
From the results so far, it will be quite a turn out. As of now, our reservations are going to have to go from an average between 10 and 15 up to 25 to 30.... Wow!

It's great that people are coming out of the wood work.

Again, folks, even if you don't have your Solstice yet, you're more than welcome to come to the events and meetings.

Drive on! :cool:

·
Registered
895 Posts
My wife and I might be taking two cars, (not Sols - :( my Sol won't be here for weeks) to San Simeon, drive one up to Big Sur and dine at Ragged Point on the way back. She will take her car home and I will stay for the meeting. She is 50/50 about coming, (too much homework). We only live about 30 min from San Simeon.
Sitting Duck
(Sal Orlando)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hope to meet your wife as well... but I know homework superceeds all

orlando said:
My wife and I might be taking two cars, (not Sols - :( my Sol won't be here for weeks) to San Simeon, drive one up to Big Sur and dine at Ragged Point on the way back. She will take her car home and I will stay for the meeting. She is 50/50 about coming, (too much homework). We only live about 30 min from San Simeon.
Sitting Duck
(Sal Orlando)
I do hope to get a chance to meet her, but I know all too well how much time homework can take. That's why I was a bit late in posting the details that I had worked out with a bit more "precision" than the original: "lunch at lunchtime, Breakfast at breakfast time, and dinner at dinnertime..." :leaving:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts