Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an epiphany this morning. We have gone from a membership that basically all grew up together with the car and learned collectively a lot about the foibles of our cars. Then we went through a downsizing as old members drifted away and lost interest or sold their cars. Next was the time when new buyers started showing up. As they asked the same old already answered questions, some (most?) of the old timers were a little hard on them because they tended to keep asking the same questions repetitively. Currently we have evolved to the point where the old timers are competing to answer new members questions FIRST and BEST. So I think it’s time to formalize this competition. Thus the below proposed criteria for a scoring system. Please review and give me your comments. Then we can start scoring going forward.

Timeliness = 10 points for first, 2 points for second
Accuracy = 20 points for every correct answer
Thoroughness= 20 points for each answer that covers ALL aspects, 10 points for partial answers
Age= For answers to recurring questions, you get 10 points for each year of age on the answer. So if the answer was found from 2012, then you get 10 points. If the answer was found from 2007, you get 10 * 5=50 points
Illustration = extra credit of 25 points for each image attached to the answer or contained in the referenced post
Obfuscation = Starting with 50 points, deduct 1 point for every word over 10 in the answer.

·
Registered
728 Posts
And the purpose for this endeavour is?? Many here already help w/o this point system or any reward, you must be bored RTE.. And the reward is?? How long will this last?? Just seems to me a silly ahhh, ummm project..:willy:

Oh-Oh...:leaving:

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the purpose for this endeavour is?? Many here already help w/o this point system or any reward, you must be bored RTE.. And the reward is?? How long will this last?? Just seems to me a silly ahhh, ummm project..:willy:

Oh-Oh...:leaving:
LOL

I appreciate your input. Strike that, you commented. Thanks for the comment.

Sure it silly. Many of the things we humans do on a daily basis is silly. Still we do them and mostly because they are fun or we get some kind of satisfaction from doing them.

If you dont want to play, feel free to not do so. Or . . . what ever. You know what I mean. :willy:

·
Registered
728 Posts
LOL, OH might still play but ah, to save you work and labor don't count my point(s) if any, after all, we have more guys here helping out that by the time I show up, the OP already fixed his problem....aaahhh usually,,:D:thumbs::cool::yesnod:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Sorry Rob, I don't play well with others; so..................:lol:

·
Registered
847 Posts
wouldn't thoroughness and obfuscation kind of be canceling each other out...u get points for being thorough and answering all aspects, but then get points taken off for any answer above 10 words...all i know is people would be banking on points for all the questions you guys help me with!

·
Registered
847 Posts
microsoft word put your first post at 258 words...thats negative 208 points :) (not including the other scoring parts, but just saying)

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
microsoft word put your first post at 258 words...thats negative 208 points :) (not including the other scoring parts, but just saying)
OMG!

A self inflicted sucking chest wound!

:willy:

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Solutions can be easy, but not simple.

Solutions can be simple, but not easy.

Solstii and Skii are better than pie...i.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks RtE for encouraging people around here to be kind & helpful.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts