·
Registered
3,609 Posts
But wouldn't the cf get scraped?

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
I am not aware of any solution.

When I lowered my car it drug on the ground frequently. So I raised it up a bit.

Avoiding dragging the nose depends on driving technique and choices.

My first choice is to back into a parking place. When we do cruises with the Club, we make it a habit of backing in unless it is just not feasible.

If I must drive in front first, I always stop well back from any obstruction. When we first got the cars, we forgot a time or two and paid the price. But after a few mistakes, we learned to pay careful attention when parking.

When entering or exiting a driveway we always take it at an angle. Since we installed the DDM backbone and the ProBeam, the stiffness of the chassis helps keep us from dragging the nose as long as we take it carefully and at a good angle.

I have tried various "drag bumpers" on the bottom of the nose. One that worked reasonably well is nylon. I have a sheet of quarter inch thick nylon I use on my table saw to refresh the fence face. I cut a couple of sections of this and using 3M tape mounted it to the bottom of the nose. It worked ok but eventually it came off.

Currently I have a front license plate holder that is both functional, removable and protects the nose from the odd scrape

http://www.amazon.com/2005-2013-Cor...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

This mounts to the bottom of the nose and protrudes slightly in front of the forward curve of the chin. The license plate mounts to a fixture that slides into the mount and is easily removable. I carry the plate in the trunk and the mount while nearly invisible protects the nose from coming into contact driveways or speed bumps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts