Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i have heard all the comments about quality and size of pictures...

now back to original question---

does anyone else have a body screw that goes into the car at the foot of the driver not too far from the clutch

please respond about only this

ty

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Judging by the picture that you posted, it looks like that bolt/nut holds a trim panel in place, and was designed that way. Though I can't gauge how large it is, it looks to be about 2 feet tall on my screen :)glol: couldn't resist!). I'm willing to bet that everyone has the same bolt/stud in the same place. If it really sticks out that much in my car, and gets on my nerves, I'll probably go at it with a dremel. It seems like it should be about 1/4" shorter anyway.

Edit: I've added the pic to this thread for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the pic on this thread--i thought maybe it was suppose to attached the bottom molding--is not like that on other side

hope some has a car and can look

going to dealership today and want to know if it is suppose to be that way

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rather than Dremeling it...what about a colored (gray or black) rubber cap ~ something like what you might use to cap off vacuum leaks in the engine compartment...no idea what they're called beyond that.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Something like that should really have a cap on it. GM should have never let a bolt like that stick up without covering it so you don't impale yourself on it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i can not believe i get some of these comments--i guess there are not a lot of owners on this site--

if you do have a car can you please look then post

thanks in advance for the one whom actually walks to the drive, opens the door, looks, then comes back to post a real conclusion

·
Registered
225 Posts
tally, i have the screw you are talking about in mine too. i haven't noticed it at all and i drive without shoes on. there are actually two more screws like it on the firewall behind the clutch pedal...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Tally said:
i can not believe i get some of these comments--i guess there are not a lot of owners on this site--

thanks in advance for the one whom actually walks to the drive, opens the door, looks, then comes back to post a real conclusion
I sympathize with you. But it is a beautiful day out, at least here in NJ. I'm sure most of the people that actually have their cars are out driving them right now. :cool: The only people left to man the forum are the disgruntled owners-in-waiting that haven't gotten their cars yet! :glol:

Hey, if I had my car already, I'd take any excuse to go out to the parking lot and look at it, but alas, I don't have my car yet.

Wait til the sun sets, and maybe give this thread a bump to the top of the list. Hopefully by then one of the few lucky drivers will be done driving for the day and will actually be signed on to the forum.

Edit: Never mind, answer already posted while I was being long-winded! :lol:

·
Registered
767 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Judging by the picture that you posted, it looks like that bolt/nut holds a trim panel in place, and was designed that way. Though I can't gauge how large it is, it looks to be about 2 feet tall on my screen :)glol: couldn't resist!). I'm willing to bet that everyone has the same bolt/stud in the same place. If it really sticks out that much in my car, and gets on my nerves, I'll probably go at it with a dremel. It seems like it should be about 1/4" shorter anyway.

Edit: I've added the pic to this thread for reference.

Looks to me like they've got it upside down. the bolt should go in from the top and the nut should be on the bottom.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
jimmyo said:
Looks to me like they've got it upside down. the bolt should go in from the top and the nut should be on the bottom.

I agree with jimmyo. This may be an issue delaying cars. If more than one car has that bolt oriented upside down, then the workers on that process may have been trained improperly. I can honestly say if that had happened at our plant, we would hear about it in a big way. Thats a potential safety hazard. Say if you had a driver poke their toe or foot, driver gets distracted, wrecks, hits someone, Manufacturer is liable!

As I said, Honda management would be all over us!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Tally said:

There haven't been that many cars delivered and those people are out enjoying them. You've posted nothing but cryptic problems that half of us can't figure out or don't seem to think are big issues. Go drive your car and enjoy it instead of micro-analyzing every bolt.

There will be lots of time to get the little stuff fixed.

:rant:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Those arre typical through-the-floor bolts (studs) that are usually used for trim pieces, often where the floorpan meets the firewall. They are also similar to the ones ued for mounting the seats. And the reason they come up through the sheetmetal should be obvious. In the pic I don't quite get the orientation of where the bolt exactly is?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tally said:
well i have heard all the comments about quality and size of pictures...

now back to original question---

does anyone else have a body screw that goes into the car at the foot of the driver not too far from the clutch

please respond about only this

ty
Seeing as I have no Solstice yet, and it looks like none is about to arrive anytime soon, you might be surprised to learn that I too, have the screw problem with my Solstice: It appears I am being screwed by Pontiac!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Since I have the same bolt, it must be a production design. I didn't notice it until you posted. There is not a matching one on the passenger side, so it must be to attach something on the driver side under the body work. I don't know what is there, but an illustrated shop manual probably will.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.