41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I prefer pain de mer

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Right there with ya Sting.... I'm tired of all of the "wrong" advice that the newbies are giving and then trying to convince the original posters the older members have no clue what they're talking about. These guys go out and buy a car they have no clue how to repair, and in 3 days and 6 posts they're all experts and know all of the do's and don'ts. And when you draw on experience and knowledge, we (who have 8 years + and over 4000 posts on items) don't know what we're talking about.

And on a side note, most of the "Cobalt guys" didn't care if they blew their engine up at 40k. Try to find a Cobalt SS with an LNF ('08 to '10) that's in good shape. By the way, anything prior to '08 didn't have DI and was supercharged, not turbocharged...so they could clean their engines with seafoam.

Yes...GET OFF MY LAWN!!:wtf::bs::rant:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Pretty sure I linked to an LNF thread. Also a simple search yields a large number of threads about LNFs being seafoamed.
I never said nor did I imply that I was talking about the pre 08 Cobalts.

I guess that's ok though because none of the cobalt guys cared if they blew their engines. Anyway..to those that said seafoam doesn't work on our engines I simply provided a thread where someone seafoamed their LNF every oil change then checked their valves after 47k miles and their was no caking. Also no turbo issues.

Guess it doesn't matter though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I still find it ironic that some folks in the interest of reliability, use off the shelf products that can compromise reliability.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Can someone explain to me what methanol injection is/does? Isbt that fed through the intake as well?
Yes it is fed through the intake. It works in two ways: it further cools the air being ingested, making it more dense, and it raises the detonation point. Both allow more power provided you have the tune to allow it.

It's like a poor man's nitrous :)

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
A little off topic but I think it pertains to this thread . My point in my above post was that we can participate in this forum in a civil manner even if we disagree with a post . A few years back I remember reading about how people where getting turned off on the Sky forum because of all the negativity and bickering I don't want this to happen here . We have a great core group who have been active members for years and the reason I believe is the respect we show each other I personally just want this to continue . As for chasing the neighbors off the front lawn not to worry CW my neighbors are scared ****less with my Boerboels ! :grin:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Also...just an FYI I was making a lighthearted joke when I said people shoot doom gloom on here..that's why I made the joke about being attacked.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's said though...I do still wholeheartedly believe that seafoam does clean valves.

To whoever talked shooting a combustible into the intake and it being bad etc...,that's the same thing as methanol injection which also incidently helps clean the valves.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
That's nice and all, but what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
:banghead::banghead::nono::nonod::beatdead:

I give up. Just like my customers in the dealership world for the last 20+ years. Unable to hear a word you tell them about their cars. I'm over this thread.....

·
Registered
903 Posts
added to the oil of my GMC 5.7 V8 with noisy lifters; worked just like this...

which only shows that Seafoam works for some applications.. worked for me

Bill

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I Seafoamed my GXP's intake last year at 36k miles.

At 37k miles I just replaced an engine with a new one due to a hole burned in the piston.

I don't think Seafoam had anything to do with it.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts