Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We tell all of our new members to search...and yet it doesn't work!!! Tried searching for the hub bore size and tried it about 10 different ways and it came up with no results. I have nothing but dislike for this new designed. You can't find anything anymore...and you don't have a complete history of all of your posts. Will this ever be fixed?

Reactions: Sting Ya

·
Super Moderator
7,172 Posts
I also was able to get a list of your posts (I did mine, too) by using the advanced search function. A raw search arranged by date goes back 490+ posts, or 25 pages. You can add a date range or keywords to help narrow the results.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,449 Posts
I also was able to get a list of your posts (I did mine, too) by using the advanced search function. A raw search arranged by date goes back 490+ posts, or 25 pages. You can add a date range or keywords to help narrow the results.
I just tried several of the searches I have done successfully in the past several weeks, and am getting a "No results found."

:dunno:

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Searching EXACTLY your find John....I get no results found.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried all 3 of my browsers on one computer and my 2 browsers on my laptop...can't search and can't see any of my history at all....get the above screen.

·
Super Moderator
7,172 Posts
3 hours later, search is working again.
So there must have been a problem with the database, and I guess timing is everything.
It is odd that I just happened to get in a couple of good searches before I had to be away for a while.

I have tried all 3 of my browsers on one computer and my 2 browsers on my laptop...can't search and can't see any of my history at all....get the above screen.
Are you able to search again?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Search is working...however, I can't go back any further on any of my posts then the begining of 2019.

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Just my 2 cents : I don't get on the forum as much as I used to I find it difficult to use and I've noticed a lot of the old members are either not using it or like me limited use . One of my issues is personal messages unless you go to your home page and click on the conversation feature you have no way of knowing if someone is trying to get a hold of you unless they post it in the general forum section ,than you need to go to your email to read and respond . I had a member trying to contact me with no luck I finally gave her my email address in order to respond bypassing the forum .It just seems that everything that was easy to use is now much more difficult . I know we probably can't go back to the old way of doing things but I don't understand the reason for the change I'm an old timer "if it ain't broke why fix it " !

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree Sting. To give background on another site....i was a member of yellowmustangregistry for 7 years. There were over 100 new threads a day started at peak.. I started in 2001 and left in 2008 when they changed their website. After the change membership dwindled and the posts became less and less. The original owner of the site sold it to someone and they thought the site needed to be redesigned, much like what happened here. Within 2 years there were very few posts anymore. I can already see that happening here since the change.

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Yep ! I remember when you could go on the old forum and there would be dozens of new posts daily now there are days that go by with no new posts or so it seems this is starting to look like the other Solstice forum how sad . And I know that a lot of the old time members may have sold their cars but there are a lot of new owners out there and with all the issues going on with this how many just give up due to frustrations navigating this site .

·
Super Moderator
7,172 Posts
Just my 2 cents : I don't get on the forum as much as I used to I find it difficult to use and I've noticed a lot of the old members are either not using it or like me limited use . One of my issues is personal messages unless you go to your home page and click on the conversation feature you have no way of knowing if someone is trying to get a hold of you unless they post it in the general forum section ,than you need to go to your email to read and respond . I had a member trying to contact me with no luck I finally gave her my email address in order to respond bypassing the forum .It just seems that everything that was easy to use is now much more difficult . I know we probably can't go back to the old way of doing things but I don't understand the reason for the change I'm an old timer "if it ain't broke why fix it " !
Your icon in the top right of the page will show a dot in one corner if you have an alert or a new message. You can click the icon and see whether it is an alert about a like or post quote, or whether someone has sent a message. I can't speak for everyone obviously, but I have not had a message that did not trigger a dot on my icon.

·
Super Moderator
7,172 Posts
Search is working...however, I can't go back any further on any of my posts then the begining of 2019.
Your posts are still there, and they can still be found. I found your very first post: Need some help, new GXP owner

Go to Advanced Search and put your forum name in the "Posted by:" box. You can filter with key words and a date range as well, so finding an old post is actually (in my opinion) easier than it used to be.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your posts are still there, and they can still be found. I found your very first post: Need some help, new GXP owner

Go to Advanced Search and put your forum name in the "Posted by:" box. You can filter with key words and a date range as well, so finding an old post is actually (in my opinion) easier than it used to be.
But I used to be able to click on my profile and find all my posts...now I have to search for them all. I'm very computer savvy and I find this website very hard to navigate. Too bad because this has always been my goto for resources...now I find myself using the internet more for my inquiries.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once again....I click on my profile to find my last 6 posts. There is at least 1 missing and that's the one with regards to the yaw sensor...it's not here....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts