Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed or found a solution for the seat back wear caused by the seatbelts? Happens around shoulder area of the seat on the side. The seat welting or piping is running awfully thin after 10years. Tried seatbelt guides years ago, but that hindered rearward seat back movement too much. Any insight or suggestions appreciated!

Frank

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
They make a seat belt cover / shoulder pad it's used so that the belt doesn't rub up against your shoulder during use maybe this will help you out . They have a nice selection on Ebay including ones with the Pontiac logo the items are listed in Ebay Motors under the heading of Pontiac Seat Belt Shoulder Pad . Hope this helps !

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
yeah - I have it too on my convertible. Black duct tape is in place at the moment...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used to have an 07 when they first came out. There were issues with the seats rubbing all over the place. It was horrible driving the thing. It sounded like the car had 200k miles on it when it had less then 5 k on it. The dealership spent quite some time trying to fix the issue but the end result was the seats were made to big for the car.

I don't have this problem with my 08 so I assume they fixed the issue. I never checked into it.

Where does the belt rub exactly?. Is it because the hole in the panel is to low and the shoulder belt has to slide across the shoulder area of the seat??. If that is the case then lower your driver's seat. If your driver's seat is already lowered then put a phone book under your backside to make your torso sit higher in the seat and your shoulders will be high enough to keep the belt off the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts