Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car yesterday!!!! Anyone having problems with seat belt access? I am 5"2" & when the seat is pulled up the seat belt falls behind the seat & is difficult to access when the door is closed. Has anyone heard of their being a clip to keep it in place on the seat????

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I had the same problem when I first got my car. Now the seat belt seems to stay where I can get to it better. I think now that I have tth seat location set it is better. I am 5'-11" so that may be a difference also. I haven't heard about anything that holds the seat belt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanls for the thoughts!!! :willy:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
DMH said:
Thanls for the thoughts!!! :willy:
NEON MAGENTA TEXT BURRNNIGGING MY PUUPILLS AFJSJKGHGSDGSDfsdfd... :lol:

Nah, girls on the forum are entiled to extra rights that I normally would not put up with.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Fortimir said:
NEON MAGENTA TEXT BURRNNIGGING MY PUUPILLS AFJSJKGHGSDGSDfsdfd... :lol:
:agree:

The only issue I have with the seatbelts is that they don't have any kind of manual locking feature. You know how you normally can pull the belt ALL the way out and then it clicks as you let it back in and then it doesn't come out any more until you unbuckle and let it all the way back in.

It's frustrating because I wish it had that, when I go for a spirited drive I am constantly wishing I could do that to secure myself into the seat better, but the only way the belts lock in this car is if the car detects a possible accident.

I can still get the seatbelts to lock if I slam on the brakes or something, fooling the car into locking them up. But even then they're still not as snug as I'd like and I really miss the ability to lock them yourself.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That sounds like something Kappasphere might be able to fix up... they have that CG-lock (which does nothing for the shoulders), so it would make sense that they could get a shoulder lock somehow.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dori-san said:
The only issue I have with the seatbelts is that they don't have any kind of manual locking feature. You know how you normally can pull the belt ALL the way out and then it clicks as you let it back in and then it doesn't come out any more until you unbuckle and let it all the way back in.

It's frustrating because I wish it had that, when I go for a spirited drive I am constantly wishing I could do that to secure myself into the seat better, but the only way the belts lock in this car is if the car detects a possible accident.

I can still get the seatbelts to lock if I slam on the brakes or something, fooling the car into locking them up. But even then they're still not as snug as I'd like and I really miss the ability to lock them yourself.
That's what these are for;
http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20107&prod_id=1157&function=product

If you ever want to go on the track, but don't buy 4 or 5 point harness, I highly recomend these.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I thought they only locked down the lap portion of the belt. It looks like it's basically a clamp which keeps the lap from moving back and forth as the belt spools from the sholder harness, so your rear stays planted and your shoulders are free to move.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
DMH said:
Just got my car yesterday!!!! Anyone having problems with seat belt access? I am 5"2" & when the seat is pulled up the seat belt falls behind the seat & is difficult to access when the door is closed. Has anyone heard of their being a clip to keep it in place on the seat????
According to the GM engineers I met down in Hilton Head, it is a regulatory requirement that the plastic "button" that stops the seat belt clip from sliding be located where it is (too low in my opinion, and theirs as well). In an attempt the help the clip stay up higher, there is a line of stitching on the seat belt strap that should prevent the clip from sliding down to the floor. Make sure when you unfasten your seat belt that the clip is above this line of stitching.

I am 5'5", and I find that the stitching works, so that I can get to the seat belt by twisting to the left some, reaching across my chest with my right hand and grabbing the clip which is hovering somewhere behind my left shoulder. Its a little akward, but after 5 whole days of ownership, I am already used to it and just do it as a matter of course.

Hope this helps, or at least explains why the seatbelt is the way it is.

·
Registered
493 Posts
brentil said:
http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20107&prod_id=1157&function=product

If you ever want to go on the track, but don't buy 4 or 5 point harness, I highly recomend these.
The CG lock does make it easier to get the belt from behind the seat but we noticed the same problem DMH is running into. So we are planning on designing some kinda "Seat Belt Extender" this product would keep the seat belt at the same level as the seat back so all you'd have to do is reach over your shoulder.

Neil

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
At 5'4" I Grab The Seatbelt Before I Close The Door

No Problemo !!!

·
2,574 Posts
The Stig said:
The CG lock does make it easier to get the belt from behind the seat but we noticed the same problem DMH is running into. So we are planning on designing some kinda "Seat Belt Extender" this product would keep the seat belt at the same level as the seat back so all you'd have to do is reach over your shoulder.

Neil
You'll have a winner, let us know! ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
brentil said:

I noticed that, but it's a waste of my time and money. My fat ass has no problem staying planted in the seat, it's that my torso slides around and I need something to firmly hold me against the seat back.

Fort: Next time you sit in your car grab the seatbelt that goes across your chest and pull up on it. As it gets tight across your lap, imagine a device that you attach to the belt to keep it tight across your lap, however the chest restraint still has play in it.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
dori-san said:
Fort: Next time you sit in your car grab the seatbelt that goes across your chest and pull up on it. As it gets tight across your lap, imagine a device that you attach to the belt to keep it tight across your lap, however the chest restraint still has play in it.
'aite.

Got it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have no problems with my seatbelt, but then I'm 6' tall, so my seat is all the way back. However, my passenger mentioned having a tough time getting to her seat belt a couple of times, so I checked it out with the intention of adjusting things to make it easier. But I found out that the passenger side is a bit tighter than the driver side and the side of the seat actually makes contact with the door panel. Thus, every time you go to pull the seatbelt, you have to pull hard enough to squeeze it out between the two. It's not extremely tight, but it's not the same as the passenger side where there is a bit of a gap for it to pass through freely. And it doesn't appear that any adjustment of the passenger seat helps ... I couldn't get it adjusted such that there was a gap for the belt. Has everybody else noticed the same thing when sitting in the passenger seat with the door closed?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I missunderstood what Dori was saying. I thought you were refering to it not locking once buckled all the time and it would come loose over time while driving type of thing. That was my bad, sorry. I haven't been sleeping very well lately and there's ohhhh soooo many posts to read all the time now I go over some too quickly it seems.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
DMH said:
You will get the hang of it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts