Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got $3000 on my GM card so I'm very much leaning towards a GM car, particularly I had the Solstice in mind. Yesterday I went to the Mazda dealer to have a look at some of their cars, especially the Miata. I'm 5'10" and getting in and out of that Miata was like sitting on the ground and the steering wheel was hitting my legs. Do you think the Solstice will have a similar entrance and exit and seating position? Although I did like the mazda 3 out of the RX8, mazda 6, & Miata I sat in.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

From some of the early reports we have seen, the Sol is supposed to have a roomier cockpit than the Miata. Its still going to be low to the ground, but there should be more room inside of it. The Sol will be considerably wider, and a little longer.

Check out the "General FAQ" thread (link below) and look for the test mule articles, and the edmunds.com articles in the thread. The writers of those peoples gave some thoughts on the interior space that may help answer your questions. :thumbs

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Also check the Houston threads where the GM rep was 6'3" and sat in no problem (pics in gallery under auto shows)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The Solstice is supposedly GM's lowest ground clearnace car in production. Expect to have lower yourself down to get into it. The thing is, it's not really a sports car or roadster in my opinion unless you do have to sit down low in the car.

I don't know if the Miata has one, but we've determined the Solstice/Sky have a steering wheel you can raise or lower.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Does the wheel telescope? I like to sit close to the wheel but at 6'2" most cars do not allow it. I tried a Miata on for size and was shocked at how poorly I fit. That's the entire reason I do not have one.

Corvettes have a tele wheel option which makes the car extremely confortable for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
not to change the subject here but I was wondering is the Solstice will be offered in a hard top and if anyone has pics of it? I'm concerned about trunk space and am leaning towards a coupe if its available.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
No, no word on a coupe other than they showed a concept coupe a couple of years ago along with a hatchback (the Nomad). Those two are reported DOA. My personal feeling is that someone will come up with a removable hard top before too long, but it might be a year or two.

·
5,600 Posts
Hab40oz said:
I was wondering is the Solstice will be offered in a hard top?
Rumor has it that there will be no more Kappas but for the Solstice and Sky. It sounds like GM will not offer a Solstice Coupe until they see how well the Sky and Solstice are received. If they sell like hotcakes, then who knows?

And there has been no word if the General will offer a removable hardtop for the Solstice and Sky.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GM indicated last January when they announced the production Sol that they were only making the roadster version for the time being. There has been a number of people express interest in having a coupe too, so hopefully they will consider producing one at some point.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Fformula88 said:
GM indicated last January when they announced the production Sol that they were only making the roadster version for the time being. There has been a number of people express interest in having a coupe too, so hopefully they will consider producing one at some point.
COUPE :thumbs

·
Registered
29 Posts
Corvettes have a tele wheel option which makes the car extremely confortable for me.[/QUOTE said:
So does a Z4! :seeya

1 - 13 of 13 Posts