Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Solstice on the first trip- 300 miles last weekend. I found out the seats are a little to narrow for me. I'm not that big, 5'9, 180 lbs, but I have a broad chest. The side bolsters dig into the lower part of the rib cage, no matter what position I put the seat in. It got pretty uncomfortable towards the end of the trip. I've got the base fabric seats. Anybody else have an issue with this? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I have the leather seats and love them. I'm 5'-11" 185 which might be where the difference is. Have you tried any lumbar supports?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, havn't tried any yet, something like a pillow in the lumbar area might help. I had a friend with a 944 that felt much like this, the seats were to narrow for me. I like the good side support, I might do a little autocross. I think I'm just too short waisted & wide for normal seats to fit.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Mike,
Give the lumbar support a try, I think it will be a big help for you.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Pillows aren't very good "make-shift" lumbar support. My father is a chiropractor and I hear this all the time.

Actually invest (actually they aren't expensive) in a real lumbar support pad. It's amazing. Trust me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
5'9"-170lbs. I'm happy (steel/sand leather) :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Seat profiles?

Is there a difference in seat profile between the cloth and leather clad seats? Can someone who has a cloth covered seats measure width, height and lumbar support? The same info. is requested of someone who has a leather covered seats. Let's see if there is a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts