Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about seat covers for the solstice. I have the coupe, and when the top is off the leather seats get hot. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I am looking at Coverking covers, and they seem to be a good price at amazon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd suggest saving the money, especially if you have the GXP, since they'll cover up the nice stitching on the seat backs.

A tip from the forums I learned (my Sky being my first convertible), is to tip the seats forward if you're going to be gone for any length of time. That will keep the seating surfaces out of the rays of the sun and cool for your return. Works every time, and best of all, it's free.

:cool:

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
I was glad to find a GXP with the cloth seats for just that reason. I believe they only did 30 coupes with those seats. Even in a coupe, those leather seats get very, very hot in the sun!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses - Black Out - - That is a great suggestion. I don't have the GXP, so not worried about covering that up, but I will try the tipped seat trick....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts