Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More questions about the seats...since most of us have either seen the Solstice briefly or not even at all, can you give us some info on the seats?

I don't think they're power, but is there any lumbar support?
What about moving the seat UP? I know it can move forward, but what about up?
Are they comfortable (I know this all depends upon weight, height, etc., but answer it anyway. :) :) :)

Anything else we should know about the seats?? Thanks in advance!
Ryan

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
IS300toSOLSTICE said:
More questions about the seats...since most of us have either seen the Solstice briefly or not even at all, can you give us some info on the seats?

Are they comfortable (I know this all depends upon weight, height, etc., but answer it anyway. :) :) :)

Ryan
I would think if you got the power package they would be power. But I don't know for sure.

zero/zipper ct.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I believe Power package refers to Power windows only...

I drove the Sol in Detroit.
It had power windows, but I remember adjusting the seat forward manually;...

We need some clarity here...

Frank

G

·
PACKAGES
Solstice
$19,995*
Convenience Package, includes cruise control, Driver Information Center, fog lamps and steering wheel accessory cruise control and Driver Information Center controls
Power Package, includes power windows, power door locks, keyless entry, remote and outside rearview power mirrors, remote control, electric, body-color
Premium Package, includes 3-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel with steering wheel accessory controls and Ebony or Steel/Sand leather-seating
1 - Requires Convenience Package.
Smoker's Package, includes ashtray and lighter (SPO-supplied, dealer installed)
Straight from the Pontiac site.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am 6ft and 230 - the first thing I noticed was the amount of room for a two seater!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
IS300toSOLSTICE said:

Ryan
Seat are 100% manual. Pull a bar up and move forward or backward. The angle of the back is the old standard twist knob.

The seat will not move "up" unless you get some special runners for it made. And then the seat would look out of the ordinary I bet.

The seats are QUITE comfortable. The front to back distance is normal and slightly angled down towards the back(the way you SHOULD sit). I drove 46miles one way today without any discomfort at all.

The only thing that I would add is that if you are not used to sitting in a seat that will be lower than your standard "sit" position, you will have problems. Especially if you have that feeling you are about to fall when sitting.

All in all, just takes some getting used to. I already was though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excelsior said:
Seat are 100% manual. Pull a bar up and move forward or backward. The angle of the back is the old standard twist knob.

The seat will not move "up" unless you get some special runners for it made. And then the seat would look out of the ordinary I bet.

The seats are QUITE comfortable. The front to back distance is normal and slightly angled down towards the back(the way you SHOULD sit). I drove 46miles one way today without any discomfort at all.

The only thing that I would add is that if you are not used to sitting in a seat that will be lower than your standard "sit" position, you will have problems. Especially if you have that feeling you are about to fall when sitting.

All in all, just takes some getting used to. I already was though.
thanks Ex. as others have already noted, you the man.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
other interesting notes about the seats, etc from watching the dealer dvd clips:

reach down between your legs and there is a little lip at the edge of the seat, that is a pocket! behind the seats at about shoulder level, another pocket! behind the driver is a pouch for more maps, and of course the sub compartment behind the passenger. also in the door sills there is a little crevice to put pens, cell phones, etc...

very interesting stuff. :thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The latest from my dealer is that leather seats will be getting bumped UP (produced first). Anyone else heard that?

Second ... my dealer stated that 8 of the 13 allocations have been assigned various event codes, mine still has not been assigned a event code. Shouldn't I have at least a 2000, having ordered my car in late May?

Thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
OT: blast from the past

dori-san said:
other interesting notes about the seats, etc from watching the dealer dvd clips:

reach down between your legs and there is a little lip at the edge of the seat, that is a pocket! behind the seats at about shoulder level, another pocket! behind the driver is a pouch for more maps, and of course the sub compartment behind the passenger. also in the door sills there is a little crevice to put pens, cell phones, etc...

HA HA, BUB-RUB. That's soooooo 2003....... :D :D

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
dammit! can nobody get it right? it's BUBB RUBB! :jester: And it's not 2003, maybe LAST year, but not 2 years ago.

·
Registered
201 Posts
dori-san said:
and of course the sub compartment behind the passenger. also in the door sills there is a little crevice to put pens, cell phones, etc...

So, is there a space there if you didnt' get the monsoon subwoofer?

Any pics of size of this space?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I would assume it's still there, just empty. I'm going to see if I can use it to hide my iPod or digicam when I get out of the car for a bit and want to leave the top down. You can see pics of the cover in the gallery, Just imagine enough room behind it for a small subwoofer. I'd assume it's a good 8-10 cubic inches of hiding space!

Then again, they may just have a duplicate map space on the passenger side as well. Certainly Excelsior could confirm, or did he get the sub? I can't remember.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
dori-san said:
dammit! can nobody get it right? it's BUBB RUBB! :jester: And it's not 2003, maybe LAST year, but not 2 years ago.
Isn't that like the "all your base are belong to us" thing a few years ago? :lol:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
AYB is still pretty popular. But no, Bubb isn't about a gabber techno song... however, if you mean 'like' as in 'similar because it is another internet fad' then yes. It was supposed to be a local news clip that ended up on the net and got passed around and became really popular. This guy gets lots of unwanted attention now because of his internet popularity.

For those not in the know, here's a bit of Bubb's history on his popularity: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bubbrubb.html

And also, those not knowing about AYB can see the original here: http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf

Google searches for "all your base" or "bubb rubb" will give you results where you can see the many internet spin-offs of these two fads.

·
Registered
265 Posts
completely off topic here.. but AYB was a meme long before any song about it.. it was simply a joke because of the horrible translation of a bad video game from japanese to english.. or is it engrish?

ya it's a slow news day. :lol:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Oh I know, but it hit its peak with the gabber song and Flash music video.

Back on topic, Ex needs to chime in on the sub compartment here...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
dori-san said:
I would assume it's still there, just empty. I'm going to see if I can use it to hide my iPod or digicam when I get out of the car for a bit and want to leave the top down. You can see pics of the cover in the gallery, Just imagine enough room behind it for a small subwoofer. I'd assume it's a good 8-10 cubic inches of hiding space!

Then again, they may just have a duplicate map space on the passenger side as well. Certainly Excelsior could confirm, or did he get the sub? I can't remember.

No sub here. The back of the passenger panel is one solid piece and has holes holding the meash holder fromt he backside. You would have to cut your own hole if you wanted to put an aftermarket in there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts