Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to drive this car with the top down year round.......come-on Bob, heated seats would be a great addition to the Solstice.

I know they have sourced a lot of the Solstice from various other models in the GM Empire and was wondering if anyone out there knows of a cold weather package or from where the seats originate?

Any aftermarket seat warmers worth looking into for the Solstice?

:grouphug:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dont know any details about their availability from GM, but I have heated seats in my Bonneville and the wife's Suburban and they are great. I would even consider upgrading my car if they ever become available as an option.

I hope GM will make them available in the future.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Have heated seats installed aftermarket...

Most dealerships have connections that can put in heated seats for you. I have installed heated seats in cloth interiors before. Might want to check around at accessory stores and such, cause dealers tend to mark it up way too much. I can remember specific # but it is less than a thousnad dollars for two bucket seats...

·
Registered
316 Posts
$1000 bucks CC? That's more than I was hoping. I know it would have been a high dealer cost if it wasnt a warrenty repair when the seats went out on the wife's Burb. Oh well.

·
Registered
676 Posts
easy to install after market

my husband does after market installations for many of the dealers in our area (Southeastern Wisconsin). That is one of the things he is planning to do when VIN #672 finally arrives. He charges about $400 when he does both seats and said you have the option of just doing the driver' seat as well. He is also going to install a different rearview mirror---one that has the garage door opener built into it and a self dimming feature & temp. He's been doing this for over 25 years---there has to be someone in your area doing the same thing. Ask your dealer.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
This can be done fairly easy in your driveway or garage. I think the kits I've looked at are "universal" fit and around $200 for a full seat / back setup for both front seats. If you just want it on your legs / bottom, then $100 for both seats.

Check out this link:

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GN2004&Product_Count=2&Category_Code=ALINT

I've ordered many items from PFYC (I used to have an Alero that I had customized a bit) and never had a problem. I've sat in a few cars that have this kit and they worked great. It's nice to have the button on the side of the seat, but you can always run it somewhere else (add wire if needed) and put on the dash or somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! Thanks Folks! I love forums for this reason!

I'm glad to know there are options out there for the seats. I think having them circulate cold air...fluid would be another good thing too, Excelsior.

Bradley

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
bradsol said:
Awesome! Thanks Folks! I love forums for this reason!
:agree:
I don't know if I'll go for the heated seats - but that rearview mirror sounds very intriguing :yesnod:

·
Registered
676 Posts
reaview mirror

I have one on my Grand Prix and it's great. If you want exact info, PM me and I will get it to you.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Putting in air conditioning to a seat that doesn't have it as an option is not going to be easy by any means. I wouldn't even attempt it myself.

The rearview mirror (auto dim) is a great feature. I plan on tinting the windows, and with dark enough tint on the back you don't need the auto dim mirror. It is really nice though, and not knowing where the car's headlights behind you are going to hit it might be a great thing to have.

Check out Ebay.. they are posted on there all the time. You typically have to run a few wires (tap into a switched fuse line) up to the unit and that's really all. The ones with temperature in them have a thermocouple that you have to install (ie. clip onto something near the front underside of the car) and run that wire up to the mirror. Real simple stuff to do, but very nice add ons for comfort. You'll have fun "calibrating" the compass if you get one with that feature. I remember doing that in my Alero. Bascially the instructions were drive the car around in circles a few times... i.e. donuts!!

Simple auto dim mirrors are had on Ebay for ~$20 all the time. They go up with features (Temp, compass, garage remote buttons). You could always go to a junk yard and pull one out of a car... just make sure you trace the wires to pull everything and not just take the mirror off of the windshield.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts