Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GXP, Brazen, Auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally owning a Solstice again after eight years. My original 2008 Brazen was totaled in a collision in 2014. I was devastated and never could truly move on. Finally found a proper replacement this weekend by purchasing this 20k mile garage queen. Flew from Florida to North Carolina to see it in person. The good: car looks, feels, and smells new. The bad: tires are original equipment with manufacture date in 2007 and something is up with the charging system. Symptoms only manifested after the dealer closed so now I'm waiting until Monday to find out.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
907 Posts
Welcome back... I see new tires and a new battery in your future. ;)

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,374 Posts
Finally owning a Solstice again after eight years. My original 2008 Brazen was totaled in a collision in 2014. I was devastated and never could truly move on. Finally found a proper replacement this weekend by purchasing this 20k mile garage queen. Flew from Florida to North Carolina to see it in person. The good: car looks, feels, and smells new. The bad: tires are original equipment with manufacture date in 2007 and something is up with the charging system. Symptoms only manifested after the dealer closed so now I'm waiting until Monday to find out. View attachment 121590
It’s pretty common for the dealer to replace the battery on a used car on their dime. Dealership I got my second time around solstice did that, tires and fluids before they would even sell it to me as they seemed all original (except the oil which had been changed at least once before)
You should ask, who knows?
Or maybe I just got lucky. They were in MT.

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
437 Posts
Love my dark gray Solstice but would take that Orange Solstice in a heartbeat. Not sure how it all happened but, my Zero Turn Mower is Orange, my Kubota Tractor is Orange, my Land Pride mower is Orange, my Valkyrie motorcycle is Orange and Black, my Valkyrie Trike is Black and Orange with a matching trailer. Heck, even my riding shirts are Orange. Yeah, I need to get me a Brazen Orange Solstice. This may be an addiction. ;)
Congrats on getting that dang fine looking Orange Solstice!!
Rams
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
2008 GXP, Brazen, Auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It’s pretty common for the dealer to replace the battery on a used car on their dime. Dealership I got my second time around solstice did that, tires and fluids before they would even sell it to me as they seemed all original (except the oil which had been changed at least once before)
You should ask, who knows?
Or maybe I just got lucky. They were in MT.
I barked up that tree but they said they didn't have the right battery. I seem to remember from my first go around that these use a small battery like out of a bike. They did give me an allowance for the battery deducted from my cost so good on that front! Unfortunately, I think the alternator is shot. :(

·
Administrator
10,980 Posts
I barked up that tree but they said they didn't have the right battery. I seem to remember from my first go around that these use a small battery like out of a bike. They did give me an allowance for the battery deducted from my cost so good on that front! Unfortunately, I think the alternator is shot. :(
It is a small-ish battery, but not from a bike, and I have not had problems finding one.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,374 Posts
Unless they were only going to put in an AC Delco badged battery, I can’t imagine for a second that it is hard to find.
However as you said they did discount you the cost of one. I am thinking the real issue is they didn’t want to tackle swapping it out. (Labor)

·
Registered
2008 Solstice, 2.4L 5 Speed, Dark Gray with a good looking dude behind the wheel. (My Son)
437 Posts
Unless they were only going to put in an AC Delco badged battery, I can’t imagine for a second that it is hard to find.
However as you said they did discount you the cost of one. I am thinking the real issue is they didn’t want to tackle swapping it out. (Labor)
I'd bet you are 100% correct on swapping the battery out.

Rams

·
Premium Member
907 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GXP, Brazen, Auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good news! Dealer confirmed alternator drained out a battery cell. Both are being replaced at no cost to me. Dealer has been really great to work with throughout the entire buying process. Alternator and battery to be delivered tomorrow. I've ordered a set of Pilot Sport 4S through them too which should be here on Wednesday. Car is expected to be ready for me by the weekend! So I'll hopefully be having a blast come Saturday.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
chances are if the tires are original so is the battery.

Reactions: RIPbrazengxp

·
Registered
2008 GXP, Brazen, Auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chances are if the tires are original so is the battery.
That was my original hypothesis, but the dealer pulled the service records (they actually sold the car when it was new) and the battery was swapped in 2019. However, it was only driven 1500 miles since 2019, so that explains a lot!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts