Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another 2KWK4U exclusive:

I'm just going to post pics... talk amongst yourselves. I'm available for questioning.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The whole trunk tub is a molded polymer of some sort that is bolted in here and there. It may be bonded and riveted in some places as well. I didn't feel like taking it out to see. Too risky for damaging the body if I tried to do it alone. It might require removing the trunk lid and top mechanism as well. Perhaps another day... but probably not :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Detailed pics of the top hinges, for enquiring minds...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
OMG :eek: :eek:

Good pics, you are a very curious guy 2KWK4U

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
So I guess you've confirmed that there is no spare tire in the Mayan Temple? :)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gizmo2004 said:
So I guess you've confirmed that there is no spare tire in the Mayan Temple? :)

Nope, no spare. Now I can sleep :lol:
Speaking of which, I almost became the first forum member to use the inflator kit yesterday. I went for a little drive, and pulled off into a turnout to call my wife (make sure she wasn't :mad: :brentil: that I had been gone so long :D). When I got back on the road, I heard a telltale "click-click-click" coming from the left rear tire. I stopped again, and sure enough there was a nail head sticking out of my tire. I left it in place and drove gingerly to the nearest service station, which was naturally closed (Sunday). I checked the pressure, and realized I wasn't losing air. I then set out on a quest that landed me at a Goodyear tire center about an hour later. Long story short, the nail didn't make it all the way through the tread - but it probably didn't fall very short of its goal! That's the last time I stop to call my wife! :glol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Yeah, my girlfriend used to get nails in her tires on her Mustang much too often. I finally told her she had to stop cruising the constructions sites! :)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I almost became the first forum member to use the inflator kit yesterday.
Well, since I MAY have been the first to run out of gas (Saturday, 11/12/05, coming home from High Noon In Texas), I decided I would try to be the first to use the inflator.

So I went out into the garage just now and filled the two tires on my electric generator. Works just fine! You can use one connection with the sealant, or the other one for just air.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
2KW - Sure hope you are using locktite to put everything back together when you are done :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure. where I find locktite, I clean it up, and replace it with frewh locktite... most of the time at least :lol: Believe it or not, I haven't come across a whole lot yet on this car. The sun visor bolts have some on them, and the bolts that hold up the steel plates under the driveshaft and trans have a bit as well.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Smuglers paradise

:devil:
2KWK4U, I think you have just uncovered the real trunk! :yesnod:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Blazing more trails!

Once again, you've blazed a new trail for the rest of us! Keep it up! :)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Just as I suspected... it was some big fat hermaphrodite with a Flock-Of-Seagulls haircut, and only one nostrel... man, I hate it when I'm right.

...actually, as I suspected, there is actually some space above the actual fuel tank... partly for the tubes and stuff, but I think they allowed it that way to make it to that height so the top can rest on it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Speaking of which, I almost became the first forum member to use the inflator kit yesterday.
Nope sorry had to use mine like 2 weeks ago! (figured I'd try it out since I'd busted up both tyres (just to see if It would work , since I would get a new one from my Insurance))

·
Registered
141 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Another 2KWK4U exclusive:

I'm just going to post pics... talk amongst yourselves. I'm available for questioning.
Haven't you earned a Wilmington factory tour by now??

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$$ISKING said:
Haven't you earned a Wilmington factory tour by now??
:lol: Screw the tour... I'm gunnin' for a job! :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
2KWK4U said:
:lol: Screw the tour... I'm gunnin' for a job!
... and give up that cushy day job you have now in Monterey and move to Delaware in the winter? Scott you are a funny guy. Bet GM doesn't give a month of vacation the first year...

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahh, but the way I see it GM/UAW is one of the few gigs out there with better long-term bennies than I'm looking at now (which are continually eroding... still). You're right about Deleware, though. Does GM have any factories in Tuscany? :skep:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts