Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TerpFan,

The forum is left to wonder, if you observed flaws on Mr. Mallets’/your Solstice (206). You were quick to identify what you felt were flaws on other Solstice, on numerous threads.

You have made it clear that you are not satisfied with the Soltice as it is. What about the flaws on 206.

It is true that there are a number issues with regards to number 206, however I feel it would be appropriate to allow you to post that information if you choose to do so. I have a special passion for the Solstice and the members the forum.

My reason for purchasing my Solstice was because I wanted to, with the exact number of cylinders and horsepower. If I wanted to purchase the Porsche horsepower I would have purchased one. Not to mention Mercedes because I already own two.

Rude is rude, one should always be careful not to be rude. Be considerate of other members when you post information listing things that you have problems with as it relates to their vehicles.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sorry if I call them like I see them. The car is a wonderful design and has sparked enough passion for anyone who says anything negative to get jumped on, you have that right. I do post on the great features of the car as well. I'm critical by nature and see flaws before the good. Will try and keep the faith and make better representation of both the good and bad.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I think it would be best if someone felt another member was being rude, that they take the issue up with them through private message and not through an open post, or ask a moderator to review the offensive post in question. That in itself, accusing someone of being rude in public, is not all that nice either.

I don't know what you got upset over that Terpfan might have posted, so I really cannot comment either way. I know Terpfan has brought us a lot of enthusiasm, a good line of communication to Mallett Cars and his LS2 project, and some other tidbits.

So to everyone on the forum (and nobody in particular), just make sure your posts are respectful of everyone. That doesn't mean not to be critical either. Just don't make heated discussions personal.

:grouphug:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All Due Respect for the Solstice Forum, Modderators and Members

Fformula88 said:
I think it would be best if someone felt another member was being rude, that they take the issue up with them through private message and not through an open post, or ask a moderator to review the offensive post in question. That in itself, accusing someone of being rude in public, is not all that nice either.

I don't know what you got upset over that Terpfan might have posted, so I really cannot comment either way. I know Terpfan has brought us a lot of enthusiasm, a good line of communication to Mallett Cars and his LS2 project, and some other tidbits.

So to everyone on the forum (and nobody in particular), just make sure your posts are respectful of everyone. That doesn't mean not to be critical either. Just don't make heated discussions personal.

:grouphug:
I am not upset, I have the emotional tools to filter and address appropriately.

With all due respect to the Moderators and members of the Solstice forum, my sincere apology for posting multiple posts addressing the fact that a member posted bogus information regarding my vehicle and in return did not critic and post issues with regards to his vehicle.

My post was not for the purpose of identifying all the informational contributions that TerpFan has made to the forum, it was to address specifically those issues listed in my post. I have not questioned his contributions.

It’s naturally human for associations to develop overtime in forums, however I believe the Solstice Forum and it’s mission/purpose is much more valuable than individuals.

I pray it’s not okay for a popular member to be insensitive and rude to others by means of post and the other parties or cut-off or not allowed to respond respectfully.

Again I apologize for posting multiples in different areas, while it was not my intention to disrupt the day-to-day flow of the forum, I believe it was reasonable to address the issues at hand.

I hope that Moderators and Members will accept my sincere thanks and for your tolerance and consideration in this matter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Respect.

TerpFan said:
Sorry if I call them like I see them. The car is a wonderful design and has sparked enough passion for anyone who says anything negative to get jumped on, you have that right. I do post on the great features of the car as well. I'm critical by nature and see flaws before the good. Will try and keep the faith and make better representation of both the good and bad.
Initially I was not going to address the matter. Nevertheless your popularity shouldn’t constitute or justify the right to be rude with or without blessings

As you are aware prior to the date that my Solstice / #17 was going to be displayed, I forwarded a private message to you advising that my vehicle was going to be on display.

One of the primary reasons I allowed Lord Bennett XVII to be displayed was so you, Todd_Raleigh, and any other forum member in the area would have the opportunity to actually see the product. As you are aware the dealership was not the one I purchased my Solstice from; actually it was on the opposite side of the city (thirty minutes from me) five minutes from you. My motivation for writing was the fact that you did not critic Mr. Mallet’s/your vehicle (number two hundred and six) and list it in the forum. I am left wondering what your motivation was/is based on that fact. Is it a fact that there are issues with your vehicle? If so why didn’t you post that information? Subsequent to receiving your vehicle you have posted numerous post.

It turns out the information you posted with regards to my vehicle was bogus. It is a fact that the trunk of my vehicle was not completely closed, and it is a fact that neither others (automobile professionals) nor I can see a problem with the alignment of my hood.

Zoom in on the images you posted of number two hundred and six and take a look at the hood alignment.

You are entitled to tell what’s on your mind “tell what is on my mind” and to be “blunt”, but should it be at the expense of being rude to others?

My level of sensibility, sensitivity to others, and integrity are tenets that motivate my levels of conscientiousness

Lunch is on me when you have time, we can discuss Solstice and get to know each other, I am confidant we can learn a thing or two from each other.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...private feud?

With all these posts back and forth I searched both of your names looking for the offensive comments that would spawn such verbosity. Since you guys are subjecting the rest of us to this constant back and forth 'apologization(?)' could you are least provide a link so we bystanders can see what all the fuss it about?
:cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
On second thought...

Thread is closed. Looks to me like you, 555, have an issue with terpFan from a particular thread. Please keep it in the original thread. Don't spread it around.

Better yet, take it to PM between you too. I don't mind discussion on the car, but there is a personal matter here presumably from Terpfan seeing your car. So to both of you, keep the personal matter off the general form.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.