Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sky 2.4 and a GXP. But what I really want is a Solstice Mallett. Any help locating one would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
I don't know if this 2007 is still available or not, it has been listed for sale for along time.

Owning a 2006 Mallet myself I can understand wanting to won one. If you can find a 2007 or even one of the few 2008's they made it may be a better buy just for the updates GM made to the platform, and avoiding all the 2006 only parts. But I am very happy with my 2006 Mallet.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Places to keep an eye out for them, Hemmings, BringATrailer, Mecums & Barrett-Jackson.

There's currently a V8 Solstice built by Wade's Garage listed on FB Marketplace, Gravton WV. The ad was placed about a week ago. I don't care for the paint scheme, but it's nothing that can't be changed. Check out Wade's Garage, he used to build the Sol Bra's, and looks to be a top notch car builder.
Seller's Description
Custom built by Wade's Garage $46,000.00 conversion kit. It has LSA 556 hp...550 ft lb torque. 2 stage clutch, T56 transmission, Cadillac CTS V rear end, heavy duty axle, big brake kit, stainless steel headers and exhaust. The car has about 10,000 miles on all new parts. Price is firm at $25,000
Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Car Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé

·
Registered
2007 Solstice Mallett 07-005
3 Posts
Places to keep an eye out for them, Hemmings, BringATrailer, Mecums & Barrett-Jackson.

There's currently a V8 Solstice built by Wade's Garage listed on FB Marketplace, Gravton WV. The ad was placed about a week ago. I don't care for the paint scheme, but it's nothing that can't be changed. Check out Wade's Garage, he used to build the Sol Bra's, and looks to be a top notch car builder.
Seller's Description
Custom built by Wade's Garage $46,000.00 conversion kit. It has LSA 556 hp...550 ft lb torque. 2 stage clutch, T56 transmission, Cadillac CTS V rear end, heavy duty axle, big brake kit, stainless steel headers and exhaust. The car has about 10,000 miles on all new parts. Price is firm at $25,000
View attachment 107137 View attachment 107138

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Assume you have seen this?

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,862 Posts
Man $143,000 + work for that yellow Mallet!!
Holy cow.
And after all that it still has the stock plastic center console...

·
Registered
2 Posts

Seller's Description
View attachment 107137 View attachment 107138
Suppose this one is long-gone?

·
Registered
Previously owned a 2007 Solstice. Base model, manual trans, limited slip, black on black.
149 Posts
Yes, I wish you luck as they come up on the interned very sporadically.
I looked patiently for two years with no luck.
So, recently I bought a base Solstice with low miles as a 'donor' vehicle, to have the conversion performed.
Believe it or not, this is still the least expensive methodology.
You may want to confider this option as well.
Be cautious of any with LS7's or LS9's. Much to much horse power for this small of a vehicle, unless your looking strictly for a drag racing machine!
But, nonetheless, I wish you good luck in your endeavor!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lou,
Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll go that route. If I may ask, who is doing the conversion? What engines would you recommend for the Solstice?
Art

·
Registered
Previously owned a 2007 Solstice. Base model, manual trans, limited slip, black on black.
149 Posts
Art,

Currently the best street motor, in the V8 class, is the LS3.
It bolts in nicely and produces 435 HP at the crank shaft.
I believe this is the best approach for the street, if you covet a rumbling V8.

You can peruse Mr. Malletts site. All his information regarding conversions is obsolete and has not been updated.
I would really like him to perform my conversion, but have not been able to get a response or quote in writing.
I have not given up, but tempus fugit.....

Mr. Gilbert's site is also informative and has a menu of options.
Nothing in the suspension tuning area seems to be available.
I'm considering the 'Bomber' conversion, with the only extra options being true dual exhaust with 'X' pipe and making the OEM A/C functional. I have established communications with this company.

These are the only two current menu driven conversion companies I have been led to by others more knowledgeable than myself on this site!

There may be others.....

This fall I will make my final decision as to who, and release the vehicle for conversion.
Good luck!
Now. I am hoping Mr. Mallett will have renewed interest in doing the Solstice conversions once again if enough people are able to reignite his passion......
Lou

·
Registered
14 Posts
Art,

Currently the best street motor, in the V8 class, is the LS3.
It bolts in nicely and produces 435 HP at the crank shaft.
I believe this is the best approach for the street, if you covet a rumbling V8.

You can peruse Mr. Malletts site. All his information regarding conversions is obsolete and has not been updated.
I would really like him to perform my conversion, but have not been able to get a response or quote in writing.
I have not given up, but tempus fugit.....

Mr. Gilbert's site is also informative and has a menu of options.
Nothing in the suspension tuning area seems to be available.
I'm considering the 'Bomber' conversion, with the only extra options being true dual exhaust with 'X' pipe and making the OEM A/C functional. I have established communications with this company.

These are the only two current menu driven conversion companies I have been led to by others more knowledgeable than myself on this site!

There may be others.....

This fall I will make my final decision as to who, and release the vehicle for conversion.
Good luck!
Now. I am hoping Mr. Mallett will have renewed interest in doing the Solstice conversions once again if enough people are able to reignite his passion......
Lou
Lou,
Appreciate all the great information. The LS3 sounds about right.
Thanks again,
Art

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just over this weekend I was able to pull up Wade's conversion price sheet and features page. Both are a little behind times, the most recent being 2016. I've requested a firm quote on the conversion from Mr. Wade. I've not heard from Mr. Mallett as of yet, but am glad to hear he is still doing Kappa conversions (thanks showtime).
So, it seems if your really interested in this small block conversion, there are at least 3 very competent companies out there to perform the work for you! All good news! More to follow!

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is good to know there are some options. Probably going to see if a previously owned Solstice becomes available in the next few weeks, and if not will consider having one done. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good luck! I hope one comes up for you!
Lou

1 - 20 of 22 Posts