Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gee wiz it seems like I'm the only girl on this website. I guess cars are really a guy thing but if there are any girls out there let me know. Are you a girlie girl like me and just like the solstice because it's cute and who cares about the engine and trunk space?????? hee hee hee Would be nice to know that I'm not the only girl on this site :smile

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
Gee wiz it seems like I'm the only girl on this website. I guess cars are really a guy thing but if there are any girls out there let me know. Are you a girlie girl like me and just like the solstice because it's cute and who cares about the engine and trunk space?????? hee hee hee Would be nice to know that I'm not the only girl on this site :smile
If so, not only will your comments be welcomed (as always) but they'll also be unique! :jester :cool

·
Registered
2 Posts
Femme and Fab!

Hey there, girl! No you're not the only lady in the lineup!!! I too, am a "girlie-girl" type. I love the lines of the Solstice and imagine how I will look and feel - FABULOUS- behind the wheel of this roadster. As a Design Engineer for a tier 1 automotive supplier, though, I can appreciate the technical aspects of the car as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No you're not the only one. :) I've been a visitor to the site for some time, but just became a member.

I like the car because of it's looks too. The trunk space doesn't matter to me. The larger it is the more likely I would just stick stuff in it and leave it there. Kind of like having a large purse.

I like reading the technical aspects too. That way when I quiz my sales man, he won't think I'm just a girl buying a car. I know what I'm talking about. :thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
There was another lady on the forum a while back that posted for a while. I don't know if she has lost interest, is still lurking, or maybe just waiting for the car to go on sale.

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
Yes, Girls get all the tech info you need and anything else that will help you when you are ready to buy. Great to have you all in the forum.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Thanks for all the feed back =) Violet I feel the same way as long as I look good in the car who cares what size the trunk is hee hee hee. You ladies are right though I'm going to make sure I have all the tech down so when I go to buy the car I won't get screwed over hee hee hee hee

·
Registered
2 Posts
for the girls

FYI, there is an article on the new "GM Supermodels" in this month's issue of Vogue. See thread under Solstice in the News, "Artsy article..." You can go to the website listed and register for a trip to NY (but if any of you win, I expect you take me along as your guest :cheers :lol ).

Good luck!
Reggie
(aka: Violet)

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey i'm here too :seeya - big fan of the Kappa cars - I'm a Sky person though. i've been trolling for a while - just don't say much!

The Sky seems to be one of the few cars out there (or coming) that will do many of the things I want in a summer car right out of the box (rarely do i like my vehicles bone stock) - looking forward to it but I think I'll want to wait for a redline, should one be made...

:leaving

kris

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Rondosa said:
hey i'm here too :seeya - big fan of the Kappa cars - I'm a Sky person though. i've been trolling for a while - just don't say much!
...kris

Rondosa/kris:

You haven't been trolling, you've been lurking. :lurk

A forum "troll" is a person who comes in and plays the "seagull" - flies in, craps all over the place, and flies away. Or trolls are the type that usually know very little and usually have not very nice things to say about anything or anyone. They also have little tact.

If you are just reading but not posted very much, you "lurk". Unless you want to call me a jerk - then you'd be a "troll"... :jester

·
Registered
55 Posts
solsticeman said:
Rondosa/kris:

You haven't been trolling, you've been lurking. :lurk

A forum "troll" is a person who comes in and plays the "seagull" - flies in, craps all over the place, and flies away. Or trolls are the type that usually know very little and usually have not very nice things to say about anything or anyone. They also have little tact.

If you are just reading but not posted very much, you "lurk". Unless you want to call me a jerk - then you'd be a "troll"... :jester

HAha ya ok you're right - you know what i meant though :cheers

it doesn't seem as though there are many true trolls here, at least not yet. my local motorcycle board is unreal - :skep

anways, so ya, i lurk...desperately trying to find out more details on the sky. i wonder which auto show i'll be able to sit in one (if ever...).

mmmmmmskyyyyyyy :thumbs

k

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Hey you lurking ladies! Go ahead and participate more! We'd love to hear your opinions, since ours are the same over and over again, and are getting a little tired! :lol

Trolls are not bad here so far, and we have Solsticeman to keep it that way! :thumbs

·
Registered
428 Posts
Also a female with $$$ down on a '07 GXP Turbo. I do like the looks, but the ecotec specs are interesing...I also own a '96 Mustang GT and love all 8 cylinders, but looking forward to a little better gas mileage and a convertible ride. I will keep the pony as a stall mate. It's the only other brand new car I've had and I have been very pleased with it. It will also help if going on a major shopping spree :lol:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Pammy... A Woman Solstice driver here. I Love mine!! Dont care what anyone else thinks. Although I get ALOT of comments, male and female that it makes me glad that I bought it. I have not seen another one here in our town in months which I think is cool because it makes me an individual without blending in like so many of the other cars out there that everytime you are at a stop light you'll see at least 5 go by. I love coming here to not only meet other people who have the same love for their Sols as I do, but to be honest I like the info that I get here. You can go to your dealer and say hey everyone else is having this problem can you check and fit it for me. ;)
Enjoy the site and I hope you find lots of helpful info

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I too am a founding "lady" not girl--just like they are men not boys----I love my car for the graceful lines and they way it feels---I have been posting for a long time---here and was at KC recently--drivve up from FL with Tally another lady who loves her first 1000 black

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
I'm a woman. :)

Wow, this thread really got resurrected from the ashes. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
*waves hand*...i'm here too

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes I am a girlie girl but I do care about the trunk space, I had a pretty difficult time getting all my girlie stuff in there for the Kansas City Meet, but I did it! Yea me. I don't post too often but totally enjoy lurking. I have learn so much great information on this forum and finally got to meet some wonderful people in K.C. last weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Pammy went through a metamorphosis a while back when her desires led her to the dark side, well actually the Sky side. She became PammySky over there www.skyroadster.com but has been laying low since before the first of the year. Either or both sites would love to have her back. Strange how someone can make an older thread active (this one started in Jan 05) again just by posting to it. I came in to say hi to an old friend. Which leaves me just saying HI to some new friends.

By now we have collected several female active participants in the forum, as well as two female members of the moderating team. We who truly love cars know that it is not just a gender thing and enjoy the discussions and comraderie. In fact if you don't tell, it is sometimes difficult to tell a member's age or gender. Well, actually age will show in obscure references within posts.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts