Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and when he put his turning signal on all his lights turned off then turned back on when the signal light was turned off, any way to set this up?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You mean like when you see the emergency lights on?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Seems I learn something new each time I browse these threads, but help me understand this. So the guy turns on his turn signal and all of his lights turn off. At night, that means he has no tail or head lights. He's just a dark car in the middle of the road with only his turn signals blinking. At night, making a left turn, he's turning across oncoming traffic and can't be seen. Nor can he see where he's going. This would be desireable how?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure what the OP is referring to either. But, on late model Audi's with LED DRL's, the LED DRL will go off while the turn signal is blinking and back on again as soon as the blinker turns off. Only the DRL on the side of the blinker does this turn-off when the blinker is going. Presumably it is a safety thing and prevents the brightness of the LED to drown-out the blinker - hence the feature.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sounds like a ground issue,have seen things like this in the past,had a bad ground in a truck once,when I used my wipers the dash started to blink and soon diminished.Took the Chev dealer a few days to figure it out,seems that in my case anyway ,there were 3 grounds on the vehicle and they were not making good contact.It actually shut me down in the middle of the road ,I walked home several miles and when the town in there infinite wisdom seen the truck on the side of the road ,had it towed.I went to the tow yard ,put the key in the ignition and it started.After paying the exorbitant tow fee and the dealer ,I ended up spending 1K.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Do you mean a transport truck? Those guys will turn off all lights to signal thanks when someone holds back or signals they can complete a lane change.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Saw this on a new Jeep Grand Cherokee the other day....the DRL on the same side went off when the turn signal was activated. Came back on when the turn signal stopped blinking. The headlight probably doesn't shut off when running at night though.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My switchback LED strips I have in my bumper do this....they are white for 'Running Lights' and either side turns off and blinks amber...then 'switchbacks' to white.

It's a switchback circuit....you 'could' do this with your stock lights, but there wouldn't be much 'visually' that it would do, since the OEM lights are in the same location. It would be more for and aftermarket light on our cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts