Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
We are "essential" and most have to go into the cave to work. I'm lucky I can work from home 90%of the time. I am working on the trucks, the Sky and building a ship model. That and WOW fill up my days.
The moron of Denver, re I mean the mayor ordered the pot shops and liquor stores closed. Had a riot and decided to leave them open.. but don't try to buy 9 mm ammo any time soon. Course as a long time prepped I have plenty

Heard from relatives in Oregon that a couple decided to hunker down at the beach in their travel trailer. They dole up in the morning sith locals telling them to go home!

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Just curious as i was wondering if the participation from forum members accessing the site gone up or down?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Why bottled water and paper towels? Costco opened at 8 am today for the first time for "Senior Hours" per their Sunday late night email. It's actually only supposed to be one hour but since regular opening is 10 am they let us stumble around for the whole two hours. Seemed to be full of old people. Some of them looked pretty good though! They had staff handing out bales of toilet paper and plenty of paper towels in stock. No vinegar and the Kirkland hot dogs (surprisingly rated #1 nationally for what a hot dog is supposed to be, per national comparison of what are supposed to be premium hot dogs) got misdirected to NC. Cookouts in place there. It was nice to shop with some distance and folks were respectful. There are new Plexiglas shields in place at the registers, like at a bank, which is new and probably a good idea. I held my items for the scanning so only touching is by me. Carts and gas pumps sanitized. They are on it.

This is not a plug for Costco but an example of what's changing where I am. I personally do not interact with anyone except Kate. She's going nuts trying to wind down the term switching to teaching online at Santa Fe College. She's now teaching me about Zoom and is stressing trying to get the students to participate. Just invested in one of those Logitech 4K pro personal video collaboration kits with the webcam plus wireless headset & mic. Surprisingly nice and works. I have a feeling a lot of folks will be communicating that way, not just student teacher.

Cat just gave me a dirty look for forgetting the rotisserie chicken. Break's over. Stay safe and let's take care of each other if only by checking in now and then to say still here...

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I scored today... found toilet paper, good stuff, Charmin! :sneaky:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Reading the post about self isolation. While it isn't pleasant reading everyone's comments gave me something to smile about. Hang in there.
Virginia Beach is like many areas plenty of gun sales, plenty of weed and booze. But I have to wait a week for tires. What's up with that?

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Good day today! found TP on amazon that they actually had in stock, then found more at my grocery store, then a friend brought some he found at the dollar store. Got some everclear at my local liquor store and aloe vera gel from my drug store. I am now well stocked with TP and homemade hand sanitizer. I may survive this thing after all!!

·
Super Moderator
7,010 Posts
Reading the post about self isolation. While it isn't pleasant reading everyone's comments gave me something to smile about. Hang in there.
Virginia Beach is like many areas plenty of gun sales, plenty of weed and booze. But I have to wait a week for tires. What's up with that?
Why is there a delay on the tires?

81 - 100 of 165 Posts