Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Selling Coupe - Need numbers please

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  ChopTop 
#1 ·
Hopefully someone has this info out there. I need to know:

1. How many GXP Coupe's were sold in Canada
2. Of those Coupes, how many were manual transmission.
3. Of those MT's, how many were Jewel Merlot.
4. How many Coupes in total were sold in Canada (following the progression, this should have been #1)

#2 ·
I have the information you are requesting but am currently at NASSAM meet in KY. If someone hasn't replied by Monday I will respond. What vin number is your coupe?

#3 ·
Here's a start. 87 total coupes sold in Canada( includes the 1-2010) , 44 were manuals. Of the 44 manuals 6 are ruby Red (wicked)

#4 ·
From my search: I can only see that one NA was sent to Canada. Guess an NA would be pretty rare there!! Hope these numbers help you and if others disagree?? I had this information in my car and just added things up. The NA is a silver manual.

#5 · (Edited)
GXP Coupe1, sorry to see you're selling, I was hoping you were a Kappa lifer. You've put a lot of time and effort into your coupe, and it's still one of my favorites. Also, thanks for all the time and effort you put into all the video's you've made, I'm sure many have learned a lot from watching them.

For those of you that haven't seen them, plan to spend several hours watching and learning: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD8QuI96BfggTK6m2RSEwNd5JYROEBePV

I'm going to assume that you're moving on to another interesting sports car...

#6 ·
I also figured you were a long haul owner! What changed your mind? Another car, or....

Mike, can you tell us about the NA - what serial number? I had thought that no NA coupe made it into Canada as an original new sale based on early data.

#7 ·
My information, if correct, says that coupe #404 is an NA manual, liquid silver metallic to GM Canada.

#8 ·
I'll be damned! Never noticed that before (although you go quickly cross eyed looking at the serial number data). Wonder why they sent them one NA car? Maybe a special order by a dealer or an exec? Or GM Canada wanted to take a look at one? Although I think the policy of who got what was made at head office - all GXP to Canada (with the one exception) and all GXP auto to Mexico.

#9 ·
Thanks guys. Kinda toying with the idea right now. Just time for a change perhaps. If I do keep it, I'll be putting in a Tremec. Apparently a real pain in the ass to do! Thanks again for the numbers.

#10 ·
Would love to have your tuner tune mine with the 7163. Hard to find someone with big turbo experience and knows the cars. Cobalt tuners tuning a kappa somehow dont seem the same I am finding out. Especially with rwd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.