Registered
711 Posts
Finally a center exhaust! Looks purdy :cool:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GM Weekend Racer Solstice (Turbo)

These are some pics of the car that you can see at www.gminsidenews.com and autoweek.com.

Talking to the GM Performance Weekend Racer Project Manager, the turbo is a Saab 2.0 Turbo, similar to the Ecotec...but really worked over by Saab. He would NOT confirm that there will even be a GXP version of the Solstice. (Wink Wink?). The heat extractors on the hood (that make this look like a mini viper) are not functional.

The top is a prototype...Maybe ready by mid 2006 as a GM accessory. Obviously, you would have to take the hardtop OFF to get into the trunk.

Not a fan of the wing, but it might be functional...note dual exhaust.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30421444439.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30421495341.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30421512325.jpg&s=x11

Enjoy

RadRiv

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Radriv,

Thanks so very much for the pix! Can't say I love any of them, but they are great to see. :thumbs:

If/when you have more to show, please do so.

--Chemist

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please note, in that last post, in the last putfile...you can see the GM Solstice, Accessorized.

Mudflaps, toneau cover, wheels, bra...there are enough pics of that car at autoweek.com/gminsidenews.com...so I didn't waste time taking pics of it.

Enjoy,

RadRiv

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chemist said:
Radriv,

Thanks so very much for the pix! Can't say I love any of them, but they are great to see. :thumbs:

--Chemist
Chemist,

I agree, this car just can't be enhanced with paint/bodykits. It is just so beautiful as is.

Anything they add makes it look cheap. Although I like the hardtop as an option.

That's all the pics, boys and girls...I have to fly out tomorrow morning and the Show closed at 5pm today...So, I only had a few hours between my business meetings and the close. But I think I hit the big ones. I did a lot of running! I only went to SEMA, not AAPEX, but not sure they had any Sols anyway.

I went to the Paxton/Vortec superchargers booth. I was told that they had a Solstice too...but nothing.

I know some other members were able to visit the SEMA show...but I had limited time, as I had to tie this trip in with a business trip.

RadRiv

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Nice pics. :thumbs: For such a short time period, they did make some interesting cars. SEMA is a little over the top for my tastes, but I guesss that's the point. Duel exhaust is my favorite.

·
2,574 Posts
RADRIV said:
Please note, in that last post, in the last putfile...you can see the GM Solstice, Accessorized.

Mudflaps, toneau cover, wheels, bra...there are enough pics of that car at autoweek.com/gminsidenews.com...so I didn't waste time taking pics of it.

Enjoy,

RadRiv
Thankyou Rad, very enjoyable. Excellent preview of things to come. Appreciate it. ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
LOVE the RKSport hood! :cool:
LOVE the club facia and sideskirts! :cool:

Hate all the wings, so far. I'm sure something will turn up eventually...

I really really really really really really really really really hope that the Sky gets the same aftermarket attention!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Chemist said:
Radriv,

If/when you have more to show, please do so.

--Chemist
:agree: :agree:
Great pictures! Obviously a bit over the top, but intersting ideas and options. Perhaps a piece from here and a piece from there.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I think center exhaust is more cool than actually looking REALLY AWESOME.

I think standard dual looks the best. Center is just neat and different.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Fortimir said:
I think center exhaust is more cool than actually looking REALLY AWESOME.

I think standard dual looks the best. Center is just neat and different.
Never a fan of the center exhaust myself. It just seems dorky to me. It's the one thing I hate about the Boxster.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
stang said:
Never a fan of the center exhaust myself. It just seems dorky to me. It's the one thing I hate about the Boxster.
I personally don't want it, either.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks, RADRIV. Hope the rest of your trip was sucessful as well. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts