Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

SEMA SOL's!!!

8K views 48 replies 26 participants last post by  Critterman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Finally a center exhaust! Looks purdy :cool:

#5 ·
GM Weekend Racer Solstice (Turbo)

These are some pics of the car that you can see at www.gminsidenews.com and autoweek.com.

Talking to the GM Performance Weekend Racer Project Manager, the turbo is a Saab 2.0 Turbo, similar to the Ecotec...but really worked over by Saab. He would NOT confirm that there will even be a GXP version of the Solstice. (Wink Wink?). The heat extractors on the hood (that make this look like a mini viper) are not functional.

The top is a prototype...Maybe ready by mid 2006 as a GM accessory. Obviously, you would have to take the hardtop OFF to get into the trunk.

Not a fan of the wing, but it might be functional...note dual exhaust.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30421444439.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30421495341.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30421512325.jpg&s=x11

Enjoy

RadRiv

#7 ·
Please note, in that last post, in the last putfile...you can see the GM Solstice, Accessorized.

Mudflaps, toneau cover, wheels, bra...there are enough pics of that car at autoweek.com/gminsidenews.com...so I didn't waste time taking pics of it.

Enjoy,

RadRiv

#9 ·
Chemist said:
Radriv,

Thanks so very much for the pix! Can't say I love any of them, but they are great to see. :thumbs:

--Chemist
Chemist,

I agree, this car just can't be enhanced with paint/bodykits. It is just so beautiful as is.

Anything they add makes it look cheap. Although I like the hardtop as an option.

That's all the pics, boys and girls...I have to fly out tomorrow morning and the Show closed at 5pm today...So, I only had a few hours between my business meetings and the close. But I think I hit the big ones. I did a lot of running! I only went to SEMA, not AAPEX, but not sure they had any Sols anyway.

I went to the Paxton/Vortec superchargers booth. I was told that they had a Solstice too...but nothing.

I know some other members were able to visit the SEMA show...but I had limited time, as I had to tie this trip in with a business trip.

RadRiv

#13 ·
RADRIV said:
Please note, in that last post, in the last putfile...you can see the GM Solstice, Accessorized.

Mudflaps, toneau cover, wheels, bra...there are enough pics of that car at autoweek.com/gminsidenews.com...so I didn't waste time taking pics of it.

Enjoy,

RadRiv
Thankyou Rad, very enjoyable. Excellent preview of things to come. Appreciate it. ;)

#14 ·
LOVE the RKSport hood! :cool:
LOVE the club facia and sideskirts! :cool:

Hate all the wings, so far. I'm sure something will turn up eventually...

I really really really really really really really really really hope that the Sky gets the same aftermarket attention!

#15 ·
Chemist said:
Radriv,

Thanks so very much for the pix! Can't say I love any of them, but they are great to see. :thumbs:

If/when you have more to show, please do so.

--Chemist
:agree: :agree:
Great pictures! Obviously a bit over the top, but intersting ideas and options. Perhaps a piece from here and a piece from there.

#16 ·
I think center exhaust is more cool than actually looking REALLY AWESOME.

I think standard dual looks the best. Center is just neat and different.

#18 ·
stang said:
Never a fan of the center exhaust myself. It just seems dorky to me. It's the one thing I hate about the Boxster.
I personally don't want it, either.

#19 ·
Thanks, RADRIV. Hope the rest of your trip was sucessful as well. :cheers:

#21 ·
Sweeeeeet!

RADRIV said:
OOOHHH MANNN! The hood, ground effects, front clip, and rally striping are AWESOME! When will these be available in the aftermarket????

I've ordered a Cool paint job and have been toying with the idea of a black rally stripe. This gives me something to dream about.

Does anyone know of a contact, URL, or other pertinent info for this company?

#22 ·
RADRIV said:
MBPR Solstice: Performanc exhaust, SSBC brakes, custom ext/interior
Worst. Paint scheme. Ever.

And the center exhaust doesn't look that great, I know a lot of people are hoping for a dual center exhaust that's vertical like the concept.

Eclipse Solstice (Stereo Company)
Not bad. Not bad at all. Especially if you're a Georgia fan. (Sorry you lost guys!)

RKSport Solstice
Actually, it's decent. I'm totally opposed to body kits for this sexy car, but at least this one keeps the trademarked twin-grilles that Pontiac is famous for... unlike the well-known hideous Gravana kit. And before anyone rants, YES I know that Gravana will have less extreme kits... but the one they keep showing is horrible.

GM Weekend Racer Solstice (Turbo)
Can't wait to see that hard top become available for purchase!

#23 ·
I LOVE THEM ALL!!

SEMA has become known for showing us some radical mods, and the Solstices on display this year do not disappoint.

Every one of them has something I like, and will consider getting done to my (when I get one . . . 2009 or so) Solstice.

I especially like the two-tone paint jobs (Eclipse, MBRP) and the engines (Weekend racer turbo, Mallet LS7)

Thanks to everyone who took pictures.

#24 ·
I would love for the RKSport representative to come to this site and let us know if the Supercharger setup is available from them to be done. If someone from this company is lurking and you need a customer please let me know ASAP.

#25 · (Edited)
I like the GM Weekend Racer Solstice inset chrome front grill. The lower spoiler looks nice, but with the chrome grills, it reminds me a lot of the BMW Z3 M version. I also noticed the side ground effects have intergrated chrome rear brake screens, nice touch. I wonder if this will be at the Detroit Auto show in a couple of months. Regardless, it’s nice to see aftermarket companies getting excited about this vehicles potential.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.