Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac Solstice
Project Name: Solstice GT V8
Project Built By: Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation, 11470 Main Rd., Clarence, NY 14031
Phone: 800/448-7722
Fax: 716/759-8688
E-Mail: [email protected]
Website: www.ssbrakes.com
Powertrain/Drivetrain Type and Modifications: LS-2 V8 engine; six-speed transmission conversion; stainless-steel exhaust
Chassis Type and Modifications: Eight-piston front brakes with 14-inch rotors; four-piston rear brakes with 13-inch rotors; integrated brake ducts; larger sway bars with adjustable handling; coil-over adjustable shocks
Exterior Modifications: Wide-body kit with mild flare front fenders and ultra-flared rear fenders with integrated functional ducting for larger rear calipers; custom hood; body side molding with active air flow; 20-inch wheels; front air dam and rear fascia extensions; rear aerodynamic wing with built-in back-up camera and high-mounted stop light
Interior Modifications: Custom leather seating with GT badging; back-up monitors in visors; DVD navigation; two video screens; custom speaker grilles and amps; dash and trim enhancements
Booth: 12530, Katzkin Leather Interiors, Inc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
MORE! I need MORE. Can somebody in the business "adopt" me and take me to SEMA? :yesnod:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Can you say "Pontiac Cobra"? Or maybe "Pontiac Python" would sound better. Shelby has Cobra and Dodge the Viper. Why can't Pontiac have a snake too?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Didn't know someone else other than Mallett was working on V8 already. Nice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
Didn't know someone else other than Mallett was working on V8 already. Nice.
Yeah, this came way out of left field. Wish there was a larger pic, but from what I can see it looks nice.

jimbo said:
Can you say "Pontiac Cobra"? Or maybe "Pontiac Python" would sound better. Shelby has Cobra and Dodge the Viper. Why can't Pontiac have a snake too?
How about Mongoose, they eat snakes right? :D
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, this came way out of left field. Wish there was a larger pic, but from what I can see it looks nice.

How about Mongoose, they eat snakes right? :D
Mongoose works. So does Python. Unfortunately, Pontiac likes names that start with a "G", like GTO, Grand Prix, and Grand Am. Somehow it just wouldn't be the same to own a "Pontiac Gartersnake?" :jester:

Any good snake names that start with a "G"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
What about Firebird, Bonneville, Catalina and Solstice? They don't start with a "G". :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
jimbo said:
Mongoose works. So does Python. Unfortunately, Pontiac likes names that start with a "G", like GTO, Grand Prix, and Grand Am. Somehow it just wouldn't be the same to own a "Pontiac Gartersnake?" :jester:

Any good snake names that start with a "G"?
How 'bout Giant Anaconda? :glol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Love the stripes. Didn't I say the Pure Solstices were under rated? White with stripes is awsome!
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
general said:

Project Built By: Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation, 11470 Main Rd., Clarence, NY 14031
Interesting. That is virtually right around the corner from me! :lol:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
F88, if you don't go to SEMA, maybe you can check that car out afterwards, since it's so close.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
jimbo said:
F88, if you don't go to SEMA, maybe you can check that car out afterwards, since it's so close.
I think it would depend on whether that place actually has the car here or not, and whether they bring it back or not. I am not sure what kind of facility they even have out there. One of these days I'll drive by and take a peak at their operation. Probably just an industrial park like setting, based on where I think that address will be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,266 Posts
AeroDave said:
Love the stripes. Didn't I say the Pure Solstices were under rated? White with stripes is awsome!
Dang straight, that looks gooooood.

I'm wondering what doing a white with orange stripes ala the 69 camaro SS would look like.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top