Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent Pontiac several emails and always received a response within 24 hours.
You can send Pontiac all your requests/concerns to [email protected] . If they receive tons of emails with our requests/concerns maybe they will ack. It's worth a try. :thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Good idea, it never hurts to send them feedback. If they get enough feedback on certain items, I am sure they will consider addressing the concerns.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I sent in feedback telling them to take tha darn thing off the pedestal at car shows so we can see it closer. Should get a nice form letter back :seeya

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wow, they are quick with the form letter...

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the 2006 Pontiac
Solstice! Pontiac welcomes all comments, concerns, and suggestions. We
appreciate your input. Your comments have been noted and forwarded to the
appropriate department leaders. Your preferred Pontiac dealer will receive
information on the Pontiac Solstice specs and color options at the earliest
possible date. Please stay in contact with the dealer to hear the news first.
To obtain more information regarding the Solstice, please visit www.pontiac.com
or contact your preferred dealership.

If you need additional information or have further questions, please let us know
via email or by calling Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, between 8:00 AM-11:00 PM
Eastern Time, seven days per week. Again, thank you for contacting Pontiac!

Sincerely,

Customer Relationship Manager
Pontiac

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Its easy to respond when you just send a form letter! Maybe they send out automatically?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got a reply as well... through Opel -the Netherlands.... Pontiac forwarded my mail to their European GM Dealership it seems.

Turns out GM Europe won't be importing the Solstice into Europe.. (is what I asked if they would)..

This is actually not bad at all for me, once I import my own, maybe through a forum-sponser dealer present here (are you listening guys??) I will be driving a one-of-a-kind vehicle in the Netherlands.

WOOHOO

ermmmm, maybe I first wanna look into warranty issues, import rules, shipping costs, etc. :confused

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Zonnewende said:
Got a reply as well... through Opel -the Netherlands.... Pontiac forwarded my mail to their European GM Dealership it seems.

Turns out GM Europe won't be importing the Solstice into Europe.. (is what I asked if they would)..

This is actually not bad at all for me, once I import my own, maybe through a forum-sponser dealer present here (are you listening guys??) I will be driving a one-of-a-kind vehicle in the Netherlands.

WOOHOO

ermmmm, maybe I first wanna look into warranty issues, import rules, shipping costs, etc. :confused
Yeah, because if the car doesn't meet certain criteria for your country you might not be able to import it. Because I know here in the USA, if the car doesn't meet the restrictions you can't bring it in. The best you can do is import for racing purposes only, or import as a 'kit car' and put it together yourself using parts that make it legal for your area. People did this with the Lotus Elise all the time. Had it imported as parts then put Honda engines in them to make them legal. Depending on how different they are mechanically, you might be able to buy the Kappa version in your area, and get a Solstice skin imported.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I just figured this out myself. it seems that a car either (a) has to have been officially registered in any EU country in order to be allowed into the Netherlands (unlikely since its a newly introduced car) or (b) has to come with a manufacturers declaration of conformity to EU car buil rules (safety issues and what have you not).. which is also unlikely since GM won't export the Sol to Europe so there's no need for GM to pursue such a declaration of conformity. If these options fail I have to (c) have the car inspected on an individual basis to have it checked on conformity to the EU build rules... which will cost me big bucks... erhh.. euro's i mean...

OR

Option (d) I buy the new Opel GT on a kappa platform and swap its skin with the recessed third brake light in the trunk bodypanel with one of you friendly american guys :patriot for an original Solstice skin..... How about it??? i know you want to.... :cool

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Zonnewende said:
OR

Option (d) I buy the new Opel GT on a kappa platform and swap its skin with the recessed third brake light in the trunk bodypanel with one of you friendly american guys :patriot for an original Solstice skin..... How about it??? i know you want to.... :cool
I can see that turning out kinda funny. I'll trade you my Solstice skin for your Opel skin. :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Swapping skins probably would be cheaper than having a Solstice converted and certified. I remember somone on the Jeep forum talking about getting their Wrangler imported, and at the end of the day it cost them thousands of dollars to have things like lighting modified for compliance, and then have the car certified.

Don't you like the Opel styling? I know, not the Solstice, but it would be sharp enough for me if I couldn't get the Sol!

·
5,600 Posts
:agree

If there was no Solstice, I would be all over the Sky like white on rice.
:party

The Sky is not a bad design. I think it is a sleek, ready-to-pounce design that is enticing in its own right. I simply happen to prefer the relaxed gentle blend of curves on the Solstice. This may be due more to a form of auto-design starvation that has denied me the opportunity to own a classic-looking curvy car these past 30 years, rather than the actual look of the Solstice itself. And to be fair, I have seen the Solstice in person and seen only pictures of the Sky. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see a real live Sky.

Be that as it may, I love the Solstice looks for whatever reason. But if GM had only offered the Saturn Sky, I would be all over it in a New York heart beat.

:smash Hear, hear!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I can understand Zonnewende wanting to have the Solstice over the Opel. Not because one will necisarily look better then the other, but because the Solstice wont exist in his area. We've got two Kappa skins to choose from here in the USA. But as far as we know all the Euro area will ever get is the Opel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Opel/Sky design is not too bad, but a little too "now" for my tastes if you know what I mean. I prefer the Solstice's classic roadster looks over the racecar front design of the Sky. Also the Red-Black interior design of the Sky doesn't suit my taste. And then there's the uniqueness factor in the Solstice's favor like Brentil correctly deduced..

But don't worry, I'll work out a way to bring one over here. maybe I'll wait for a while and see how things develop with the Sol. Driver's impressions, Car mag reviews, upgraded enigines and so.

:lurk

Fformula88 said:
Swapping skins probably would be cheaper than having a Solstice converted and certified. I remember somone on the Jeep forum talking about getting their Wrangler imported, and at the end of the day it cost them thousands of dollars to have things like lighting modified for compliance, and then have the car certified.

Don't you like the Opel styling? I know, not the Solstice, but it would be sharp enough for me if I couldn't get the Sol!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts