Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a single dealer or even the Pontiac marketing department knows how this happens.

Each dealership gets 5 cars, but is it a max 5? The first 1000 are internet based and not dealership based right?

My dealer here said "oh just come in sometime this afternoon or tonight"

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so I am sitting here making phone calls, while I have someone out waiting at a dealership.

apparently I am going to have to walk the dealer through the process.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the hype for this doesnt pan out, Im really gonna look like a freak.

But at least Ill be a freak with a Solstice.

·
Registered
228 Posts
sebgib said:
Not a single dealer or even the Pontiac marketing department knows how this happens.

Each dealership gets 5 cars, but is it a max 5? The first 1000 are internet based and not dealership based right?

My dealer here said "oh just come in sometime this afternoon or tonight"
Is there a first post im missing? Pontiac doesnt know how what happened?

As far as the cars its a max 5 they are not even guaranteed 5. There are 2000 dealers going after 1000 cars. Your dealer may not realize that, but if you want a chance at the car you better be there at 2

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes for early order thing each dealer who signed up can get 0 to 5 Sols in this first run.

There will be many more Sols after this Apprentice thing.

·
5,641 Posts
Billabongi said:
Ha! beat ya :leaving:
It is seven before noon. Shouldn't you be grabbing lunch and heading to the dealership?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Small Dealer said:
It is seven before noon. Shouldn't you be grabbing lunch and heading to the dealership?
Yup heading out now...good luck to all, see you tonight.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ive got to say, my dealer, when I talked to them yesterday, at least knew that watching the apprentice was important and that there was an EOP program, but they didnt sound confident in what was going on, Im not going for EOP, but she(saleswoman) said she had another guy coming in to do so, and I would be afraid that he had better be very knowledgable about the process, because he might have to walk them through it as well, what paralyzes all these dealers? the ones we have here with us are probably the most knowledgable in the US about solstice, but whats happening to all the rest!? I think maybe the low allocation(max 5 and not guaranteed) is causing a lot of dealers to treat the program as a red-headed step child or something. Its disappointing :willy:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mceb said:
Yup heading out now...good luck to all, see you tonight.
I have someone waiting there now, no one else is there yet.

I told him to put the dealer on the phone and Ill walk him through it lolllllllll

god I feel like such a freak.

good luck you guys!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DLD84 said:
Ive got to say, my dealer, when I talked to them yesterday, at least knew that watching the apprentice was important and that there was an EOP program, but they didnt sound confident in what was going on, Im not going for EOP, but she(saleswoman) said she had another guy coming in to do so, and I would be afraid that he had better be very knowledgable about the process, because he might have to walk them through it as well, what paralyzes all these dealers? the ones we have here with us are probably the most knowledgable in the US about solstice, but whats happening to all the rest!? I think maybe the low allocation(max 5 and not guaranteed) is causing a lot of dealers to treat the program as a red-headed step child or something. Its disappointing :willy:

well like I said, I called the marketing department and they didnt even have a clue what the exact process was.

didn't they set it up? lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
:devil:

Not yet, I have a feeling im getting screwed either way, so ill be there at 1 lol. The dealer is kinda iffy "the owner knows whats going on" but outside of that its like pulling teeth. Theres also 7 people interested so I have a feeling im on the outside looking in although I was the frist people to put in my confirmation today

Ok sorry venting! :rant:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Billabongi said:
:devil:

Not yet, I have a feeling im getting screwed either way, so ill be there at 1 lol. The dealer is kinda iffy "the owner knows whats going on" but outside of that its like pulling teeth. Theres also 7 people interested so I have a feeling im on the outside looking in although I was the frist people to put in my confirmation today

Ok sorry venting! :rant:

feel free to vent.

I feel like im gonna puke :leaving:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Its time to start a support group for PTEOPS(Post Traumatic Early Order Program Syndrom) emotions are high, tension can be cut with a knife, at the end of the day, something has got to give! We must support our brothers! :grouphug: I think Billabongi will be our first member :lol: score us one for Florida! Sebgig will be our second! :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DLD84 said:
Its time to start a support group for PTEOPS(Post Traumatic Early Order Program Syndrom) emotions are high, tension can be cut with a knife, at the end of the day, something has got to give! We must support our brothers! :grouphug: I think Billabongi will be our first member :lol: score us one for Florida! Sebgig will be our second! :lol:

ha ha ha

errr no seriously, do it cause if I dont get one this is me ----> :brentil:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Seriously Ive never been this nuts over a car. I swear there will be tears and anger flowing tonight if I dont get one.

Ive watched this car from 2002 go from concept to production I damn well deserve to be apart of a EOP lol "or at least I say so"

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Billabongi said:
Seriously Ive never been this nuts over a car. I swear there will be tears and anger flowing tonight if I dont get one.

Ive watched this car from 2002 go from concept to production I damn well deserve to be apart of a EOP lol "or at least I say so"

omg Im there with ya

·
Registered
17 Posts
sittin here since 645am today - first in line and about to puke... who else is in Tampa trying to receive one of the first and at what dealer?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tampafl said:
sittin here since 645am today - first in line and about to puke... who else is in Tampa trying to receive one of the first and at what dealer?

lol seriously, your not alone

here in Cali, we are second in line at the dealership, yet they have 5 people that will be inputing the numbers at the same time, so we shall see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts