Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these back in August and put them someplace safe. I have a few more parts I wanted to put with them so I can swap them all out next summer. Now I don't know where I put them. Does anyone know where they are?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bought these back in August and put them someplace safe. I have a few more parts I wanted to put with them so I can swap them all out next summer. Now I don't know where I put them. Does anyone know where they are?
I think they're sitting next to the DDM silicone inter-cooler tubes that I haven't seen since I moved.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found mine on my dresser under a pile of socks I should have sorted and put away a long time ago.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Probably hanging on a hook in the garage, covered by a garden hose or long extension cord for the hedge trimmer. On the other hand, they may be covered by the hedge trimmer itself.

·
Super Moderator
6,994 Posts
So, any luck finding them?

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, any luck finding them?
Before I went on vacation in October I cleaned off the table that gathers all my clutter and put them on my dresser (so they were out of the way of the house/pet sitter). Then they got a pile of socks thrown on top. When I finally put away the socks a month later, I found them!

·
Premium Member
486 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Finally changed belts today. Not too bad once in the right position. The power steering belt needs a 15 mm socket turning clockwise to remove tension on the belt and the main belt needs a 3/8" ratchet turning counterclockwise to remove tension (Note, the square hole is not at the end where the idler pulley is, it's more towards the center of the bracket.) Both belts were accessed from above, no need to jack up the front end and crawl under.

OEM belts were labeled 5PK1024 and 3PK785. I used 5PK1025 and 3PK785 from Rock Auto for replacements.

There is a typo in an earlier posting showing a 5PK785, not the correct 3PK785.

This is for a 2008 2.4L NA so no other parts except the engine cover were removed.

·
Super Moderator
16,208 Posts
I swapped out the serpentine belt on my wife's Trax. Have to remove the right side motor mount and jack up the motor to get clearance. And a lift. Much rather doing the Solstice.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Back in the day I thought the five belts on my 71 Buick Electra were bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts