Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Service ESC,ABS,and traction off warnings

I have an 07 Saturn Sky Redline and yesterday while driving I heard a few warning chimes. I looked at the HUD and it read: Service ESC, service ABS, and traction off. Now the ABS warning light stays on and I notice sometimes the car pulls slightly to the right while driving. The brakes feel normal. I just checked the codes and no codes are showing, but the ABS warning light stays on, also after every sart the service ESC,ABS,and traction off shows on the HUD. I did do a search on the forum to no avail. If anyone has had this happen before, please chime in. Thanks in advance for any help. James.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
You've got codes. Probably a wheel speed sensor.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to check the tire pressure to be sure they are the same Right and left side of car.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Speed sensors are built into and integral with the wheel hub/ bearing assembly. With the wheel off, you can see the connector clipped to the backing plate. Sometimes re-connecting these will cure a bad connection, sometimes not. The DTC should tell you which wheel.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
I've had this flash intermittently without staying on (ABS/ESC Service) until today, came on immediately at start up, stayed on, then on again when I drove home. Couple of weeks or so back they came on when the key was on, but car not started, didn't come back until today.

Only have 19,998 mile on it, but since it's an 08, it's out of regular warranty, of course. Extended better cover it, just sayin', unless they consider the hubs and brake sensors part of the 100k mile warranty. :devil:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had this flash intermittently without staying on (ABS/ESC Service) until today, came on immediately at start up, stayed on, then on again when I drove home. Couple of weeks or so back they came on when the key was on, but car not started, didn't come back until today.

Only have 19,998 mile on it, but since it's an 08, it's out of regular warranty, of course. Extended better cover it, just sayin', unless they consider the hubs and brake sensors part of the 100k mile warranty. :devil:
Let us know what they find. Also tell them to check the wheel bearing bolts. I had 2 missing and 1 loose!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Let us know what they find. Also tell them to check the wheel bearing bolts. I had 2 missing and 1 loose!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using AutoGuide.com App
I put it on jack stands last night and checked all 4 sensors, and hub bolts, all are good, today before I headed out I let it idle for a couple of minutes, ABS light went off, hasn't returned, I think I got bit by the sharp turns before the system had a chance to settle to normal. strangest thing I've ever heard of. But will continue to monitor, and if it returns, it's off to the shop.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ive got these exact codes currently.They came up while in the mnts going at a good clip.I no longer have tc,or abs.
I recently had to tighten left front hub bolts that were very loose.I went around and checked the other 3,and they were all tight.
It doesent effect the driving,but does lock up when pushed hard,and you have to clear the warnings out every time you start the car.
Could all of this be due to wheel sensor?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts