Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was normally driving when the ABS light and the traction one turned on. I got a message on the dash saying “Service ESC” and “Service Traction.” When i turn the car off and turn the car back on, the traction one is off and the abs is on until i put it im drive and drive it for 5s and it shuts off. Then a couple of miles later again. Today i parked at school and all good. When i got back in the car later on during the day and i turned it on, both lights were on automatically.

There is no CEL or codes. What i have read is that i need the professional scanner to read deeper codes.
I replaced both fromt wheel hubs with MOOG ones because the FR was bad (hub not the sensor). That was about 300-400 miles ago and no issues until today.

Any input?

TIA

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also having the same issue, let me know if you find a fix
Will do! Checked fuses and all good. Will take it to a shop this weekend to see if they get any codes with a professional scanner. I used mine and no codes other than “bad” level battery at 11.7v. I dont know if that would cause the issue but will go at it this weekend as well. Battery is from 2019

· Premium Member
19,788 Posts
Last year we took the Green Dragon out for its first ride. After about 10 minutes we got a check ABS and stability control off warning. I pulled over, shut the car off, cycled the power, restarted and the warnings went away. A couple days later the same sequence happened. Same result after cycling the power.

Then the battery went tango uniform and we replaced it. The above warnings have not repeated with the new battery.

When you get spurious, intermittent warnings, the first thing to check is the battery, the battery posts, the grounds and the fuses.

I KNEW my battery was good right up and until it stopped turning the car over. My bad. I keep them on battery maintainers and track voltage yet this one was bad in spite of my efforts. Its all good now.

· Registered
1,830 Posts
I'm having this issue with the Chevy Captiva (Saturn Vue). Before replacing the wheel sensors I will test them with a multimeter - seems they should read around 235ohms if working well. I'll also check the battery and grounds. Then proceed to having a look at the wiring connector to the EBCM.

· Registered
25 Posts
Will do! Checked fuses and all good. Will take it to a shop this weekend to see if they get any codes with a professional scanner. I used mine and no codes other than “bad” level battery at 11.7v. I dont know if that would cause the issue but will go at it this weekend as well. Battery is from 2019
One thing I heard also is if it can't connect to the obd when you get it tested it might be due to the radio fuse. I can't remember specifically but there's something about it on the forum somewhere

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: I drove the car 2 days in a row ans the codes haven’t come back yet. So, I cant take it to get the codes read because the lights are not on yet. This is weird because I’ve taken the same routes when the lights were on.
Any inputs?

TIA

· Registered
2009 GXP
13 Posts
A quick search on the Forum and found this post given my '09 GXP is displaying intermittent "Service ESC" and "Service ABS" dash notices. Either neither come on or both - sometimes at ignition startup, other times not initially but a few minutes into driving. I recall when both first occurred, I had pressed the ESC button twice for "competition mode" while driving, and took a quick left-hand jog at about 50mph to continue going straight on a side road to the highway I was on, and immediately got the dash warnings - which from what I find in the owners manual seemed normal. I was unable to clear them by starting/shutting off the vehicle. The next day the same dash notices came on at start up and would not clear. I disconnected both battery terminals, touched them together (after reading somewhere that doing so initiates a complete computer re-boot) and then reconnected the terminals, which did not resolve the issue. Then took the car in to my local (large) Chevrolet dealer who I know has a number of kappa customers, and they advised no codes came up on their reader. Their guidance was "C0110 Brake Pressure modulator valve" that they said has likely gone bad (part discontinued) which doesn't seem to add up. Seeking advice or alternate guidance from experts here on the Forum. I use a battery tender when the car is in winter storage. The battery was last replaced in late-April 2020 - 31 months ago (Interstate brand).

· Registered
1,954 Posts
A quick search on the Forum and found this post given my '09 GXP is displaying intermittent "Service ESC" and "Service ABS" dash notices. Either neither come on or both - sometimes at ignition startup, other times not initially but a few minutes into driving. I recall when both first occurred, I had pressed the ESC button twice for "competition mode" while driving, and took a quick left-hand jog at about 50mph to continue going straight on a side road to the highway I was on, and immediately got the dash warnings - which from what I find in the owners manual seemed normal. I was unable to clear them by starting/shutting off the vehicle. The next day the same dash notices came on at start up and would not clear. I disconnected both battery terminals, touched them together (after reading somewhere that doing so initiates a complete computer re-boot) and then reconnected the terminals, which did not resolve the issue. Then took the car in to my local (large) Chevrolet dealer who I know has a number of kappa customers, and they advised no codes came up on their reader. Their guidance was "C0110 Brake Pressure modulator valve" that they said has likely gone bad (part discontinued) which doesn't seem to add up. Seeking advice or alternate guidance from experts here on the Forum. I use a battery tender when the car is in winter storage. The battery was last replaced in late-April 2020 - 31 months ago (Interstate brand).
i have the same problem. was suggested to check ABS terminal pins for corrosion; none.. the other answer was to replace the ABS module; i have gotten another module but it's gonna be a while before i can get around to swapping it...

Bill

· Registered
1,830 Posts
The fact that no codes are being found is quote odd and might suggest a faulty EBCM (aka ABS module). Even if the warnings and lights are not on when the car is scanned, there should be stored codes either as "intermittent" or as "past" codes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts