Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Solstice is at my dealer’s since Tuesday and I never got a call. I know someone in the detail shop and it was detailed “for a 10:30 AM delivery” on Wednesday. They then later put the car in one of the service bays so it could not be seen. I got there this morning before I went into work and beat the sales staff into the office.

I happened to see my car before my sales person got in for the day and verified it was my car by looking at the VIN number.

When my sales person came in, he asked me what was up. I asked him to tell me what he knew about the status of my car. He told me that he did not know anything about it or where it was. I told him it was in one of the service bays, and he asked how I knew it was my car. I told him I saw it and checked the vin. He then proceeded to say he didn’t know it arrived, etc. I know this for a fact to be a direct lie since he drove it to the detail area to get detailed.

What tipped me off was when I talked to the fleet manager on Wednesday was that there was some good news and I should have my car by the weekend and he asked if my salesperson called me. I replied. “No.” The fleet manager then told me he would tell my sales person to call me. I also tried calling him several times and left a couple message, with no calls returned.

Previously they told me I could have same day delivery when it came in. Well, it came in on Tuesday and no one called me. WTF! :brentil:

I’m getting pretty bitter now.

I have a call into the general manager of the dealership as I really disliked being lied to directly to my face. I think they have lost all my future business.

In the mean time I’m having the insurance cards faxed there and I intend to pick it up tonight before they put any more miles on it. It had 24 miles on it when I saw it this morning.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
The folks at Pontiac/GM need to know about dealers like this - they are doing more damage to the Solstice cause than the competition!! :brentil:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't know how some people can live with themselves. he lied right to your face like that? What an a$$hole! I bet he felt stupid when you caught him in his lie.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SOL_in_CT said:
My Solstice is at my dealer’s since Tuesday and I never got a call. I know someone in the detail shop and it was detailed “for a 10:30 AM delivery” on Wednesday. They then later put the car in one of the service bays so it could not be seen. I got there this morning before I went into work and beat the sales staff into the office.

I happened to see my car before my sales person got in for the day and verified it was my car by looking at the VIN number.

When my sales person came in, he asked me what was up. I asked him to tell me what he knew about the status of my car. He told me that he did not know anything about it or where it was. I told him it was in one of the service bays, and he asked how I knew it was my car. I told him I saw it and checked the vin. He then proceeded to say he didn’t know it arrived, etc. I know this for a fact to be a direct lie since he drove it to the detail area to get detailed.

What tipped me off was when I talked to the fleet manager on Wednesday was that there was some good news and I should have my car by the weekend and he asked if my salesperson called me. I replied. “No.” The fleet manager then told me he would tell my sales person to call me. I also tried calling him several times and left a couple message, with no calls returned.

Previously they told me I could have same day delivery when it came in. Well, it came in on Tuesday and no one called me. WTF! :brentil:

I’m getting pretty bitter now.

I have a call into the general manager of the dealership as I really disliked being lied to directly to my face. I think they have lost all my future business.

In the mean time I’m having the insurance cards faxed there and I intend to pick it up tonight before they put any more miles on it. It had 24 miles on it when I saw it this morning.

I told you I bet it was going to be delivered. It only made sence because New England were all getting cars.I would be so PO at my dealer hard to even think what I would do. I'll bet it was on the same truck as Andrews Jackson and zcellar, the got his Tuesday.

I'm just glad you found out!

Congrats!!

:party: :party: :party:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SlipSlider said:
I don't know how some people can live with themselves. he lied right to your face like that? What an a$$hole! I bet he felt stupid when you caught him in his lie.
Yeah... I heard some of the other sales staff laugh when he walked back towards them. It was another salesperson who had some sympathy for me who showed me where the car was before by sales person came in.

·
Registered
363 Posts
SOL_in_CT said:
Yeah... I heard some of the other sales staff laugh when he walked back towards them. It was another salesperson who had some sympathy for me who showed me where the car was before by sales person came in.

Salesmen are just like the rest of us, some good, some bad. The bad one needs to get the love you have gave him. Make sure you get the message across to the dealership how bad this guy is making them look. Had a bad experience with a real estate salesman a few years ago. He is no longer in the business.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SOL_in_CT said:

He probably wouldn't of told you till Monday so they could keep it in the showroom. Good thing you went down there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts