Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Wiki, which you can always trust :lol:, here's a list of shared componets in the Solstice:

The sharing of technology and various components is a common practice among automakers, resulting in reduced parts costs. The Solstice shares major components with nearly every GM division:

The rear axle and differential are from the Sigma-based Cadillac CTS
The interior storage bin is from the Cadillac XLR
The passenger side's front airbag, steering column, and exterior and interior door handles are from the Chevrolet Cobalt
The backup lights are from the GMC Envoy
The heating, ventilating, and air conditioning modules are from the Hummer H3
The front fog lamp assembly is from the Pontiac Grand Prix
The steering wheel is also featured in the Pontiac G5, Chevrolet Corvette, Chevrolet Cobalt
The 2.4 L Ecotec engine is shared with the Pontiac G6, Chevrolet Cobalt, Chevrolet Malibu, and Chevrolet HHR
The five-speed manual transmission is the same as in the Hummer H3, GMC Canyon, and Chevrolet Colorado
The five-speed automatic is identical to those of the Cadillac CTS, STS, and SRX
The side view mirrors and AC vents are from the Fiat Barchetta
The seat frames are from the previous generation Opel Corsa

I wonder how many components the Sky shares with other GM vehicles (besides the ECOtec)?

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
All the chasis parts on the Sky are identical with the exception of dampers which have a slightly different rate.

The seats are identical, most of the interior plastic, like the waterfall, the side trim pieces, the rocker panels with different inserts are identical. The center console is identical. The radios are functionally equivalent with different finish and lighting color. The gauge clusters are interchangable, with the differences being the printed background, the SKY firmware vrs SOLSTICE on boot up, and the illumination color. The dead pedals are identical. The door panels are interchangeable with the exception that the wiring is different and the door lock switches are preverted in the Sky. The steering wheel controls and trim are identical. Many of the switches are shared between the two cars.

The real differences are in the sheet metal, the tulip panel, the bumper covers, the dash and forward console are all different.

I have not tested it yet but I believe that the floor carpets are interchangeable as they share the same floor pan. From the pan up, the body has different dimensions and shapes so they are incompatible.

Forgot, the tops are interchangable so all the associated hardware is identical. The windshields being part of the chasis are identical. I suspect that the side windows are also interchangable because they fit the same top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts