Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here I go again showing my ignorance! I have looked at the sites some, but is there anyone here who has done it? What TOTAL COST would be involved to have this done professionally?

Am I right that this involves removing the exterior handles and filling in the recess?

B

·
0 Posts
You pretty much have it. They have to remove the old handle, then weld in a piece of metal, smooth it and finally paint it. The kit shouldn't run you more than $200. You could probably expect to tack on at least as much for the work and paint, but probably more like another $500 or so.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It can be quite a bit more if you want the doors to open with a remote solinoid system. That requires fabrication and engineering.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sol Cruisin said:
OK, here I go again showing my ignorance! I have looked at the sites some, but is there anyone here who has done it? What TOTAL COST would be involved to have this done professionally?

Am I right that this involves removing the exterior handles and filling in the recess?
I really like the idea of that. If I do not always have the top down, will the handle relocate to the bottom/under car somewhere?

·
Registered
275 Posts
heismybooty said:
I really like the idea of that. If I do not always have the top down, will the handle relocate to the bottom/under car somewhere?
usually there will be a button on a remote that will pop the door open for you, and with that you need a backup release popper on the car somewhere. usually thats placed below the door under the car, but you could do it anywhere. if you dont have the remote, then your popper becomes your only other way to open the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts