Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i couldnt find anything on fleabay... as i do 98% of the work myself, i was wondering what you guys use as a shop manual. if there is anything available on cd/rom or hardcopy even better.

thanks

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
welcome to the forum.

helm inc published the solstice shop manual. you can buy it directly from them, or our friends at crate engine depot sell it and you can usually save a few dollars.

enjoy the site.

Jeff

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys... this is usually my first purchase when getting into a "new" car!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Helm was out of stock. Crate Engine had it in stock and cheaper as Jeff mentioned.

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
I actually have two shop manuals. I bought the 07 Solstice set early on, then since it did not include the Sky I bought the 08 manual. The 08 manual includes both the Sky and Sol.:thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well , i saw the one on crate engine.. if its correct it is $185???? wow. as much as i love hard copy manuals.... that is just crazy.

i had to go with a dvd-rom that i eventually found on fleabay for $14.99, i will print it out at work if i have to !!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yeah they aren't cheap any more. The eBay manual isn't ideal but it'll work well for some things.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I actually have two shop manuals. I bought the 07 Solstice set early on, then since it did not include the Sky I bought the 08 manual. The 08 manual includes both the Sky and Sol.:thumbs:
Rob, I also keep two sets of those 2009M Solstice/SKY manuals at home, One set in my computer room and one set in the garage. They help out a lot since I do my own work on the car.... ;)

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Even at that price, the paper manuals are a deal - they are huge and very heavy - 3 fat volumes!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
lol! After stating that Crate had them in stock I arrived at home last night. My wife tells me that Crate called and apologized that the manuals were out of stock and it might be a week before they can ship. Since she didn't know I ordered them (and thought I was just getting a replacement owners manual) she told them it was no hurry (which it isn't).

She asked how much it was and her jaw dropped. That's when I explained it's not the owners manual and detailed what it actually was. She was then actually very pleased that I'd ordered them!

·
Super Moderator
7,514 Posts
The Sky manual wasn't available when I got my car, so I bought the '06 Solstice manual. I then bought the '07 Sky manual when it became available. It is interesting to see the differences in content between the two, mainly in the electrical and control systems. Areas that are well detailed in one have limited information in the other, and vice-versa. It sometimes takes both to fully understand some things.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
For what ever reason Helm has had the 07 manuals on back order for the last 6 months. We have several of them on order. They keep telling us just a few more weeks so once again we will only know they have shipped once we have them in hand. For all of you that have ordered them from CED and GMTechbooks.com we will ship them once they arrive.
Thank you for your business

Tom

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Thanks for the update, Tom. It's a mixed blessing. If they don't arrive right away I won't be tinkering right away. : )

·
Registered
563 Posts
How is the cd one? Is it just a PDF of the paper or is it interactive for example if I'm doing a trams change it will to remove the toque arm you have to drop the rear diff and it will have a link to click for the rear diff removal instructions

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Remember the online GM manual that we used to be able to access online? The DVD manual is the same as that.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Remember the online GM manual that we used to be able to access online? The DVD manual is the same as that.
Still can, if you know the code. Maybe, maybe not; the $10 DVD is probably pirate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts