Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 5'8" -- I don't really think it will be a problem for me.
However, a lot of people in my family are short. (wife is 5'6" - sister is 5'1").

Can any short people who have drove (or at least sat in) a Solstice please chime in here and let me know what they thought?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
My wife too!

She is 4' 11 3/4" (5' on a clear day). Will she be able to see where she is going? If you don't like the way she drives, stay off the sidewalk! :cool: :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
No Problem

I'm 5'6". Drove that beautiful car in Detroit. Didn't hit a thing. Didn't run off the road. Didn't want to give it back!!!! You should be fine as well as your family members. Just need to get the car now. :cool:

still waiting for VIN but definitely in the 1st 1000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry Valley said:
I'm 5'6". Drove that beautiful car in Detroit. Didn't hit a thing. Didn't run off the road. Didn't want to give it back!!!! You should be fine as well as your family members. Just need to get the car now. :cool:

still waiting for VIN but definitely in the 1st 1000
Good to here. So could you rest your left arm on the door? (with the window down of course).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
yes, but mainly when they were taking pictures! my shoulder was at about the level of the top of the door.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,041 Posts
My wife is 5'-9" and drove at the Detroit event. She didn't have any problems seeing at all. In fact she thought the view was better than in my Miata, although I thought the view to the rear was more restricted than in the Miata. She also likes to drive with the seat back which would have lowered her signt line even more.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,258 Posts
short people (like Randy Newman)

MCB
first you got me agitated...then got me thinking.

OK the GM head of Quality Control for this car is a woman .....
Christine (?) Queen. She's the one that ran the line forward...then stopped
the line and ran in backwards....disaassembling the cars looking for faults.
She also controls the ergonomics on the car.
Look at the pictures of the recent Detroit gathering....you will see women
behind the wheel. Obviously Ms Queen thought this out in detail because women will be buying and driving this car.
Without stereotyping....women probably average in the 5' 4" range
I am also vertically challenged at 5'4" and I will NOT be using a booster seat.
Short people tend to be shorter in the leg...not in the trunk .....so the seat to roof ratio is probably closer than you think between a shortie and a sixer .

I've said my piece, Code 3000 and holding for 3300
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
brian carpenter said:
She is 4' 11 3/4" (5' on a clear day). Will she be able to see where she is going? If you don't like the way she drives, stay off the sidewalk! :cool: :yesnod:

Well...we're supposed to look far down the road when we drive anyway, right?

It will look strange to her compared to the "cab forward, wedge shaped" noses of most recent cars but she will get used to it. :)

My wife and my neighbor both noted that they could not see over the front and they are both 5'9" and 5'7" respectively. They can see fine. They are just to used to noseless cars like mini vans and hondas.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
585 Posts
I’m 5’6” tall and the first thing I intend to do is put 3” spacers in the seats. I like to look out over the hood and I found that I couldn’t when I sat in the car. It’s a personal thing, not a safety issue as far as I’m concerned. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
agitated?

druid-2 said:
MCB
first you got me agitated...then got me thinking.

OK the GM head of Quality Control for this car is a woman .....
Christine (?) Queen. She's the one that ran the line forward...then stopped
the line and ran in backwards....disaassembling the cars looking for faults.
She also controls the ergonomics on the car.
Look at the pictures of the recent Detroit gathering....you will see women
behind the wheel. Obviously Ms Queen thought this out in detail because women will be buying and driving this car.
Without stereotyping....women probably average in the 5' 4" range
I am also vertically challenged at 5'4" and I will NOT be using a booster seat.
Short people tend to be shorter in the leg...not in the trunk .....so the seat to roof ratio is probably closer than you think between a shortie and a sixer .

I've said my piece, Code 3000 and holding for 3300

I don't understand. What did I say that got you agitated?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
mcbman said:
I don't understand. What did I say that got you agitated?
wont be many women buying it in the stick version
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,258 Posts
agitiated

just stirring your pot.....

It made me think...would a little guy like me have a problem...got me stirred up. made me rationalize the whole scenario in depth...realized that there CANT be a problem...GM has to have taken that into consideration (right ???) unless you live in Toronto and some tiny old Oriental woman is driving ..looking thru the top of the steering wheel (I'm gonna hear about this !!!! for sure)


Not to worry everything's cool....just my warped sense of humor and my verbage.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top