Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot about tall people driving the solstice, but what about us short people? I am 5', has anyone "around" my height driven the car? What is your opinion of the car for us little people?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Most Roadsters are natoriously much friendlier to shorter people. My wife and I got in a MSM and I of course dind't fit, but she sat in it perfectly (she's 5'). The Solstice has a tilt steering wheel and seats that move forward and recline forward back. You should hopefully not have too much of an issue.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
A thing that I find lacking in the Sol is lack of vertical seat adjustment. From what I have read from people that have driven the car is the seating position is very low, even lower than a Vette, which makes it hard to see over the long hood. Door sile height is also high. Although neither will cause me a problem at 5'10" I can see shorter drivers having some complaints. Power driver seat adjustments should have been included in the power option package. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:agree:

me too

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Every time I read something about "short people", it reminds me of the old Randy Newman song. He said you have no reason to live :lol:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have one handy retort to all the smart asses I have to 'look up to',

I know lots of guys in their 20s and 30s who are 6'+... :rolleyes:

How many 'tall' guys do you know that are in their 70s or 60s? :eek:

I know lots of short 'old guys' (that still have a lot of fun), don't know too many 6 footers that make it to retirement. :(

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
MAKsys said:
I have one handy retort to all the smart asses I have to 'look up to',

I know lots of guys in their 20s and 30s who are 6'+... :rolleyes:

How many 'tall' guys do you know that are in their 70s or 60s? :eek:

I know lots of short 'old guys' (that still have a lot of fun), don't know too many 6 footers that make it to retirement. :(
Actually, I know a lot of people in their 70's who were 6 footers. Gravity has pulled them down a bit, though. ;)

I hope you know that when I brought up the song, I was just teasing. There is nothing special about being tall or being short. It's just who we are. And my guess is that there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
No problem. :) I do remember not finding that song so amusing when I was a kid (it is annoyingly catchy).

It's funny - at 5'7", I know I'm short, but in my family, I'm a relative giant and have never really felt short.

But every time I see a guy shorter than me, I always think -'man, is he SHORT! :glol:

BTW - I am getting real close (maybe 6 months), to losing the title of tallest to my 14 year old son. I am confident, it will be years before he will wrest the top spot from me in the overall girth department :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
ggittyupp said:
I have read a lot about tall people driving the solstice, but what about us short people? I am 5', has anyone "around" my height driven the car? What is your opinion of the car for us little people?
Get yourself a nice 3 inch booster seat and you should be fine. :lol:

I'm kidding but not really. If seeing over the hood is a problem then there is no reason why you couldn't just sit on a pillow.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
MAKsys said:
No problem. :) I do remember not finding that song so amusing when I was a kid (it is annoyingly catchy).

It's funny - at 5'7", I know I'm short, but in my family, I'm a relative giant and have never really felt short.

But every time I see a guy shorter than me, I always think -'man, is he SHORT! :glol:

BTW - I am getting real close (maybe 6 months), to losing the title of tallest to my 14 year old son. I am confident, it will be years before he will wrest the top spot from me in the overall girth department :thumbs:
Just spend a week in Japan - you'll feel like a giant.

Oh, Lutz is in his "60s or 70s" and he's a bit over 6'... :)

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
MAKsys said:

As I have always told my wife (5 feet AND 1/4 inch tall),

"It's better to have loved a short girl than never to have loved a tall!" :lol:

<ducking and running>

--Chemist

"It's a jungle out there."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts