Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we've seen alot of posts about tall people and their fit in the Solstice.
What about short people? I'm 5'6". Will I be able to see over the dash or steering wheel without sitting on a pillow? I've seen posts where sitting in the Solstice is akin to sitting in a bath tub. Any short folks (men and women) who have actually driven the Solstice, your thoughts on what it's like, i.e. seeing over the hood, blind spots, etc. I'm used to driving a Honda Accord and Chevy Venture, both with adjustable height power seats. (Tall people -- please don't pick on me because I'm vertically challenged. Besides. short people supposedly have a longer life expectancy, even though we miss a lot standing behind you tall ones).

·
Registered
245 Posts
5'6" isn't thaaat short. your no midget that's for sure. :cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm only 5'2"

jester316 said:
5'6" isn't thaaat short. your no midget that's for sure. :cool:

I sure hope this won't be a problem - that is why I sold my 94 Mustang - I didn't feel safe in it as I couldn't see beind me very well - I was way too short for that car!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sol Deep said:
Okay, we've seen alot of posts about tall people and their fit in the Solstice.
What about short people? I'm 5'6". Will I be able to see over the dash or steering wheel without sitting on a pillow? I've seen posts where sitting in the Solstice is akin to sitting in a bath tub. Any short folks (men and women) who have actually driven the Solstice, your thoughts on what it's like, i.e. seeing over the hood, blind spots, etc. I'm used to driving a Honda Accord and Chevy Venture, both with adjustable height power seats. (Tall people -- please don't pick on me because I'm vertically challenged. Besides. short people supposedly have a longer life expectancy, even though we miss a lot standing behind you tall ones).
You can always use phone books to see over the dash! :lol: Enjoy your Solstice! 5'6'', you'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Should be OK

My wife is 5'5" and found the sitting position fine in the Solstice we got to try on for size this week.

Seats are really good, very comfortable with great support, similar to my Volvo V70 seats (and that is a great compliment).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
My wife is 5'5" and found the sitting position fine in the Solstice we got to try on for size this week.

Seats are really good, very comfortable with great support, similar to my Volvo V70 seats (and that is a great compliment).
you were on yesterday with sly pics... who's car?(dealer,customer,pre-production...) the color looks great. :yesnod:

·
Registered
245 Posts
morts01 said:
I sure hope this won't be a problem - that is why I sold my 94 Mustang - I didn't feel safe in it as I couldn't see beind me very well - I was way too short for that car!
5'2" is a little shorter... my sister in-law had the same problem with the mustang. she found the front of the seats sat up to high.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
jester316 said:
you were on yesterday with sly pics... who's car?(dealer,customer,pre-production...) the color looks great. :yesnod:
GM Canada car. One of the many preporduction units floating around NA.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
GM Canada car. One of the many preporduction units floating around NA.
sweet. i don't suppose that you know if there are anymore in canada eh.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
You guys are blowing my theory. I was thinking the Solstice would appeal to larger drivers who just didn't fit comfortably in Miata's. But you are once again proving the universal appeal of this car.
;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
jester316 said:
sweet. i don't suppose that you know if there are anymore in canada eh.
We saw three at Gm HQ and another five over at the GM plant. Apparently there is a launch next Tuesday We have also heard about a media event this month in Kelowna. I believe there were some more at the GM engineering building in Oshawa, but that area is fenced off so we wouldn't have been able to get that close.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GreatWhiteNorth said:
I am 5' 6" and drove the Soltice in Detroit and the seating positon was fine.
Thanks. I just wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't want to slam into anything because I couldn't see where the front "non-bumper" is. Sounds like everything will be good. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
My wife is 5'2" and she said she didn't have any problem driving the Solstice in Detroit. In fact, she said the pedal placement (clutch, brake, gas) was more comfortable (and natural) than any of the last manual transmission equiped vehicles we have owned (Saturns & S-10s), and she had no problems with line of vision. Of course she was more concerned with stalling out the car in front of a crowd of Solstice fans.... :lol:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks for the info, 5' 6" here too. Never been a prob being short, don't like basketball anyway,

G

·
There is some very good info in here. Thanks! I was kind of concerned about it because my wife is 5'5" (On a good day :lol: )

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rogobuck said:
My wife is 5'2" and she said she didn't have any problem driving the Solstice in Detroit. In fact, she said the pedal placement (clutch, brake, gas) was more comfortable (and natural) than any of the last manual transmission equiped vehicles we have owned (Saturns & S-10s), and she had no problems with line of vision. Of course she was more concerned with stalling out the car in front of a crowd of Solstice fans.... :lol:

Thanks! I'm 5'1 when stretching and have been worried about being able to reach the pedals and see over the dash without a booster seat. Don't want to be one of those people whose heads don't show over the seat. :lol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
'94 Camero

CanalSolstice said:
Thanks! I'm 5'1 when stretching and have been worried about being able to reach the pedals and see over the dash without a booster seat. Don't want to be one of those people whose heads don't show over the seat. :lol:
When my husband had his 94 Camero - I had to put the seat all the way up, then the steering wheel was it my gut and I still had a problem reaching the peddles - that is why I was concerned, but it looks like all will be okay! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
You all sound tall to me. I am 4'11" and I have been worried about the same thing. It looks as though you set pretty low in these seats. But I have never owned a car that you could see my head over the back fo the seat.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm also 5"6" and did the test drive in Detroit. No problem!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts