Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wouldn't ya know it...

Here I went and bought my bride (of 33 yrs.) a brand-spankin' new CrewCab Dually Duramax with al the bells and whistles last yr. just because she wanted it (we didn't need it because I already have CrewCab diesel P/U).
Anyway, now she up and starts telling everybody all over town that SHE is getting this "hot new convertible". Actually I found out from her friend that she's been sayin' this behind my back ever since I ordered it....Hmmm a plot I see! :willy:
Now wait just a darned min. here! I have to "make do" with my 38yr. old boat,and my '93 Diesel, while SHE already got the last 3 new vehicles in the family! Now I ask you...IS THAT FAIR?
Tonight she even told me she wants to "park" her truck and drive HER new car to work daily! THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!! :devil:
Oh! ...and get this! I am not allowed to driver her truck without her in it with me and since there is only enough room in the solstice for her and her work items I obviously can't drive that either!
Well... I told her that if she keeps this up she will find another sports car in the driveway, and it will cost a LOT more than MY (or would that be HER) Solstice!

Now.. to find a Solstice replacement.......... :(
Ahhh...a Lotus Elise maybe?????????

·
Registered
193 Posts
Order yourself a Sky. ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
My comment.

Exactly what scottjl said. Surely there are wife obedience training programs in your area if you don't go with scottjl's good suggestion.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Give her your Solstice once your GXP comes in...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Give her the solstice and check out the price dropping on the Elises!

The supply has caught up with demand big time ....so prices are dropping fast!

Tell her to make up her mind...she can have the Solstice(edit because you love her etc) but one of her new vehicles needs to go...

You have a 93 truck? Sell her one year old truck........let her use your truck....whenever she wants and go buy a 35 grand elise for yourself..

JMO

·
Registered
352 Posts
One car a lot of women hate is a VETTE..

Go buy a Z06...I'm lucky my wife hates driving in it..!

Too low...to noisy and too dam fast! Its a blast!

check out www.z06vette.com Tons of them for sale real cheap and in mint condition...(ie. low weekend cruiser miles under 30 grand now that the C6 Z06 is out! )

The elise is in a similiar situation now that the higher performance version is about to hit the streets...(I forgot what its called though)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
RagtopRoadster said:
Wouldn't ya know it...

Here I went and bought my bride (of 33 yrs.) a brand-spankin' new CrewCab Dually Duramax with al the bells and whistles last yr. just because she wanted it (we didn't need it because I already have CrewCab diesel P/U).
Anyway, now she up and starts telling everybody all over town that SHE is getting this "hot new convertible". Actually I found out from her friend that she's been sayin' this behind my back ever since I ordered it....Hmmm a plot I see! :willy:
Now wait just a darned min. here! I have to "make do" with my 38yr. old boat,and my '93 Diesel, while SHE already got the last 3 new vehicles in the family! Now I ask you...IS THAT FAIR?
Tonight she even told me she wants to "park" her truck and drive HER new car to work daily! THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!! :devil:
Oh! ...and get this! I am not allowed to driver her truck without her in it with me and since there is only enough room in the solstice for her and her work items I obviously can't drive that either!
Well... I told her that if she keeps this up she will find another sports car in the driveway, and it will cost a LOT more than MY (or would that be HER) Solstice!

Now.. to find a Solstice replacement.......... :(
Ahhh...a Lotus Elise maybe?????????

Well the good news is that you can trade in her monster of a truck for two Solstice!!! HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great Ideas!

Hey you all got some great Ideas!...

If I wasn't so worn out from the last 33 yrs. with this one I'd trade her for a new one....the wife of course.
Now I do like the idea of the Elise... :devil: And I have given a few moments thought to a Sky... :lol: But I like the idea of a GPX best. :cool: I could have the same car only WAY COOLER!!!!!!!

Now that's something that would eat away at her for a looooong time! :willy: HeHeHe....

You all are alright!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Happy wife.

About a year ago I bought my 69 year old wife a new Felt Racing Bicycle. Boy does she love that bike. In fact she won two gold medals in Raleigh at the state championship races with it. I only got two bronze. Much cheaper than big trucks and sportcars. Maybe you should look into that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What is this thing called "wife"? :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts