Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think I will have to reserve a solstice before they are for sale to the public. I know that they overall production numbers are low, and that alot of people will want this car. So is going to a dealership and reserving one smart? or will there be enough that I can go when I feel I'm ready to buy one? :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you know for sure you're going to get one, and you want to get it when they first come out there's really no point not to pre-order. If you don't pre-order then you're making it so you might not get one, and you defeintely limit your chances to getting one exactly the way you want one.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Depends on when you want it by. If you need it for this summer it might pay to pre-order because we don't even think the first ones will get here until June/July.

I think after a couple of months you could pick one up on a lot or order from your dealer but by then it will be fall. After the first few months there should be enough to go around.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I think everyone is right on. Initially, demand will be fairly high and it will be hard to get one without ordering one The sooner you order, the quicker you get it. However, although the projected volume is small in the auto industry, it is really high for a 2 seat roadster such as this. So I think you will be able to pick one up off the lot after the initial rush dies down. Its probably going to take a few months, possible into this winter, but it will happen.

However, that is just my opinion too. If you really have to have one right away, or within the first couple months, definitely get an order in ASAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts