Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a year of Solsticeforum, I was getting curious to see what people really think of the forum. I was thinking that we could set up a private results, multiple choice poll to get some feedback. Not only to confirm what I suspect how many of the regulars feel, but even more so to get the feelings of some of our newer members, and more casual members. Now, I was thinking a poll since people can respond to it anonymously, and it may yield more answers from new members. Just see how the community as a whole really thinks and feels.

I haven’t posted the poll yet as I wanted to see what people thought of the idea, and if you guys think it’s a good idea, maybe help refine some questions.

I was thinking of questions such as asking overall impressions (like/dislike), is the FAQ helpful (aimed at new members), is the FAQ easy to use/find information in, are forum veterans helpful in answering questions of directing to a location where questions can be answered such as the FAQ (again, at new members), do new members feel welcome, or do they feel like they are treated as outsiders, is the forum generally respectful of everyone and their opinions, are topics interesting, is information in topics reasonable accurate based on information that is available,… things along those lines.

Good or bad idea here? Am I asking to open a can of worms? Just crazy? :crazy Questions could be anything really, and could go into some detail.

PS, Solsticeman, I was debating on what section to put this in. I chose general because I figured that is the busiest forum here and likely to get the most exposure from people, although it might fit a little better in General. if you think it really could/should be in general thats ok too.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I like it, feedback is good.

·
4,592 Posts
What do I know, I'm just an Outlandish Miati Forum TROLL :lol

No, seriously, sounds like a good idea. possible can of worms, but that would give SolsticeMan something to do to cure his insomnia ;)

My 1.5 cents

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
We're on the same wavelength. I was thinking about doing same if I had time, but you've developed the idea better. General Solstice discussion is a good place, or better yet, if you post it there, I can move it to Site Help Forum, but leave a "redirector" back at "General".

Or a closed thread of same title, with a quick explanation and a link to the correct thread. I'm sure it would work out fine.

BTW, good idear!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, sounds like we will make it a go. I'll ultimately post a new thread with the poll in it so its clean for comments if anyone wishes to post anything beyond the actual vote.

In the meantime, if anyone has any specific questions or items they would like to see addressed, please speak up!

I hope to get it set up this evening, but I cannot guarantee it. I am having some computer problems at home that I need to resolve before I can really get online.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Maybe this is as good a time as any to ask... Did the person/people who started this forum not realize there was already a solstice forum (solsticeforums_dot_com)? Or is there something beneficial about this one that the other one couldn't provide? I just thought it was kinda... well... rude. But now there are 3 times as many members here as there, so this one has basically taken over. I can't keep up with both of them, so I decided to stay with the one that seems to get the most attention. Just wondering what prompted this forum to be created.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Troy Roberts, who founded corvetteforum.com, started this forum.

Since he had the domain name reserved for quite some time (which is why I suspect the other had to go with the plural version), I'd think that Troy was intending to do this forum (just like SSRfanatic, and several others) all along. Maybe he could throw in his $.02

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back in April when I joined this forum, it was already seeing more activity than the plural forum. I still checked in there from time to time, but things didn't pick up much, and now I rarely check in over there, except on occasion.

I don't know if I would consider it to be rude really. Anyone could throw up another Solstice related forum at any time. There are other makes of cars with competing forums on the web (club wrx and NASOIC for instance).

Competition is generally a good thing too! It should help make all the forums better! :cheers

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well my thinking is that people will gravitate to where they're most comfortable. I myself did a google search and found both places. I looked both over and decided on this one. To me it's not who's first at something, and it's not the number of members, it's who's doing well in their respective positions. Troy's (and Solsticeman) been very adept in the way that he's allowed this forum to evolve. So my long winded answer to 'Was It Wrong or Rude if Troy was indeed second to form a Solstice Forum?' is 'Hell No '. It's a good group, an incredible cross section of people, and it's just better overall I suppose. If it weren't, the other forum would be more successful. And who knows? It might just be wildly successful later on. I hope so, I like anyone to do well.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Actually if you go lookign you can find at least 3 other forums that were started after this one and the plural as well. And all of them came her advertising their forums as well. It's the same with any other forum too. I know at least 3 Porsche forums I go to on a regular basis to find info. There's a good 5+ ZX2/Fodus forums I read from tiem to time. From what people are posting it sounds like there are several Fiero forums, and I know of many MR2 and Miata forums. People like variety it seems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts