Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 692 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Actually, my one and only daughter turned 14 in July. They grow up fast! :(
Yep. I've worked with teens for many years, in church and as a teacher. The years I have with them come and go so fast, and unfortunately I can tell that some of their parents don't grasp what a short time they have with their kids. I know that I have a hard time letting go when they graduate and move away. Fortunately, some of them choose to keep me in their lives. :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I will be 35 in Nov ... but I feel pretty old, after 4 years of Infantry and way too many years of Recruiting duty.
Hang in there....I'm 49 and life seems to be getting better all the time! At 35, my sports car was a 1990 Chrysler LaBaron convertible....do I need to say more?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Yes it was! ;) Kind of serene to think one of the worlds biggest Dictators once sat there. :eek:
I think the seat in the Solstice feels kind of like that, only snugger. :thumbs: Thanks again for the service! Be safe as possible. Oh, by the way, I love your avatar!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Chance said:
Hang in there....I'm 49 and life seems to be getting better all the time! At 35, my sports car was a 1990 Chrysler LaBaron convertible....do I need to say more?
One positive note of being 34 is ... 1) I can pay cash for my car and 2) the Insurance will only cost about $60 /month. ;) :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'll try to get a photo of me with my car up in while, but in the mean time all I can say is my avatar is not all that far off. I probably look more like an older Butthead, but act more like Beavis. :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Had the pic of me in my first custom avatar, but the combination of the silly grin and hat somehow made me look older than my years... Here's another.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
theartfuldodger said:
MSG_McKee...I'm not that cool either...you might get a kick outta my hair considering I was in the USMC the last time we were in Iraq...just shy of a decade before these pics... :willy:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/26604594789.jpg&s=x2
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/26605000867.jpg&s=x2
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/26605002739.jpg&s=x2
I guess I am looking at 2007s (Sol or Sky) as well. Do you have an USMC pic, because I bet you looked totally different? Brings back memories of Basic Training haircut ... some guys went from hair down their back to bald in seconds. :lol: Thanks for your service :patriot:

·
Registered
106 Posts
aw...yer gonna make me dig out my HS senior photo and then my first Marine Corps Ball...(mostly so I can show off the girl that I went with!)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
theartfuldodger said:
aw...yer gonna make me dig out my HS senior photo and then my first Marine Corps Ball...(mostly so I can show off the girl that I went with!)
So you were a :devil: Devil Dawg :devil: back in HS... my family was USAF (2 generations) and I was in AFJROTC, but wanted to take a different path. (So far ... so good)

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
JBsZ06 said:
Whose the beautiful girl? Your wife? or girlfriend? She's sweet for sure.
Just a girl I took out one night...last I heard ~ married a doctor...of course...

She was doing well then and still I wish her the best...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was 19, she was 23...it was those Marine Corps Dress Blues...

Semper Fi

(Not a bad post for my 100th) :willy:

21 - 40 of 692 Posts