Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have an '06 solstice with the DDM stage 2 SC installed. I recently replaced my clutch with an Exedy stage 2 clutch. I installed the clutch about 3000 miles ago, and since then I have been gettign a shudder when taking off from a start.

Thoughts? I think that the driveline needs aligned, but I don't know the procedure for doing this.

·
Premium Member
18,478 Posts
What you are describing sounds like chatter. You can get chatter if you get glazing on the clutch face or the pressure plate. I assume you changed the pressure plate and the fly wheel was clean and not glazed? Are you seeing any seeping from the slave? A little oil contamination can turn into a lot of glazing.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Is it a shudder, or a grab? Mine "grabs" when it's cold. So much so the other morning my hood actually bounced....and so did I!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
When I changed the clutch to the Exedy Stage 2 I had the flywheel resurfaced and replaced the slave cylinder. There does not appear to be any leaking or oil anywhere... *shrug*

I guess the best thing would be to pull the tranny and inspect everything?

I wonder if I could pursue a warranty claim with Exedy?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Take it to the dealer and have them do the driveline alignment. I had the same problem with shuddering...it was slightly out of alignment. When I had my rear diff replaced (I had the dealer do it) with one that had an LSD unit in it the problem went away. The detailed maintenance manuals tell you how to align everything but it isn't very clear the way it is written. I don't imagine it will cost much to have them align it...probably less than $200. It should only take an hour of labor if that.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I thought mine was grabbing or i guess you can call it shuddering and I did the old shift from 1st to 4th at a 10mph roll and rev the engine a good bit and slowly let out the clutch all the way and it took care of my problem. sometimes you just have to burn it clean a little bit. it stunk like burning clutch for a second and that's about it. I want to say there's something you can do in reverse too but i think that's just for adjusting the drum breaks which we do not have.

as far as alignment goes, the only alignment necessary is for the initial stabbing of the shaft. Once that's in and all bolts are torqued, that parts a done deal. I guess you could have the tail off center just a bit on the crossmember but that won't affect operation.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I will try the 1st to 4th thing and see what if it helps. My Camaro is at the dealer now getting the front seat covers replaced. So, if the "cleaning" thing doesn't work I guess I will be pulling the tranny to inspect the clutch after the Camaro gets back.

I will try it today and let you guys know if it helps ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.