Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. I just went through the recording on my TiVo for the Spike TV SI thing. You see the Sol drive up at the start, and drive away at the end... and some models in swimsuits to fill in the 58 or so minutes between. All in all, not a bad trade off. :)

Tony Hawk is driving the car, and while I don't know hall tall he is (a google search of "how tall is tony hawk" didn't come up with the answer) he looks tall enough to be 6' or taller.

Anyway, point being is he was driving the car, and got out of it just fine. He seemed to fit well too.

Only bad thing is that there is music playing in the background the whole time the car is pulling up and pulling away so you can't really hear the exhaust sound at all.

If someone wants me to pull this from my TiVo and has a place to put it, I'll cut the 1 or 2 minutes of video that show the Solstice and send it to whom ever can host it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
There is another site that has him at 6'2" and 170#.. Maybe he's shrinking as he gets older like the rest of us. Even 6-2 and a comfortable fit is good indicator.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found an "official" Tony Hawk site which listed him as 6'3"... that was from his "Boom Boom Huck Jam" site.

No matter what he is over 6'1" (good for me as that's my height as well) and eaisly fit into the car. Granted he's rather skinny, so those who are 6'+ and 200 lbs+ might be a different story.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you notice while they drive in and get out, the cup holders from the center area are out. :D

Oh, and the body paint section is HOT!!!

·
4,592 Posts
rlhammon said:
If someone wants me to pull this from my TiVo and has a place to put it, I'll cut the 1 or 2 minutes of video that show the Solstice and send it to whom ever can host it.
Won't anybody host this? I can't on my edu server, or I would, copyright issue - need my job - kinda thing. :(

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RODEO said:
Won't anybody host this? I can't on my edu server, or I would, copyright issue - need my job - kinda thing. :(
I was counting on you to host it... how is this different from the NBC coverage of the NAIAS that you hosted?

I'll get it all done up in case anyone can host it later on.

·
4,592 Posts
rlhammon said:
I was counting on you to host it... how is this different from the NBC coverage of the NAIAS that you hosted?

I'll get it all done up in case anyone can host it later on.
Good point! :( I hosted that before the copyright stuff came up, so I should probably pull it. Anyone else want to host that video also??

I asked troy if he could host these, but he must be on vacation, no answer for a few days.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
What, the avatar royalties dry up? :lol:
Seriously, :agree: you want to be careful around copyrighted stuff although there is a point once its posted on the web that may or may not become free access. Is there a lawyer in the house who wants to do pro bono for the forum?

·
4,592 Posts
achieftain said:
Seriously, :agree: you want to be careful around copyrighted stuff although there is a point once its posted on the web that may or may not become free access. Is there a lawyer in the house who wants to do pro bono for the forum?
I here Robrecht is, well, more than hear, he was ambulance chasing me when I got in it with MF :glol:

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
achieftain said:
Well.. I started thinking about this. The NBC video stuff should be "public domain" since it's broadcast on a freely available channel (not a pay cable channel). The video broadcast on Spike TV, however, is a pay premium cable channel which does not fall under the "public domain".

Use of said material (in either case) must be limited to items which clearly fall under the fair use policy which is limited in definition in Sections 107 to 118 of the "copyright act" (title 17, U.S. Code). Section 107 is our friend in both matters here, as it states:

"Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright."

Furthermore:

"In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include —

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors."

SO... in looking at this section, I believe we fall under Fair Use by that definition. Looking at item (1) the purpose of posting the work is certainly for a nonprofit educational purpose (discussion on the board). (3) the amount of work is no more than 3 minutes of a 60 minute broadcast, the focus of the work to be posted is clearly outside the intended scope of the broadcast (we are posting clips of the Solstice, not the Swimsuit presentation). (4) If anything by providing an additional means of distribution this "fair use" of the work has a positive effect on the potential market (sales of the Solstice).

I'd say for the intended purpose, the length of the clips (in total), and the portion of the work which is being reproduced for "fair use" fully falls under the definition of Section 107 of title 17 of the U.S. Code.

While I'm not a lawyer, I do play one on TV. :devil:

·
4,592 Posts
rlhammon said:
I'd say for the intended purpose, the length of the clips (in total), and the portion of the work which is being reproduced for "fair use" fully falls under the definition of Section 107 of title 17 of the U.S. Code.
So, does this mean it's legal??? Did you really expect I'd read all that :lol: I'll host if the consensus says it's legal, I think :willy:

·
4,592 Posts
robrecht, do you know anything about this subject of copyright, I'll downshift and let you catch up :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
"criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright."

Class is now in session. I will take all comments, even critical ones in exchange for tuition in the school of hard knocks. Be sure to cite your source.

"That's the news and I'm out of here" Colin Quinn

·
4,592 Posts
sounds legal enough! send it along, attach to email - but if's it's too big it may not make it! I think I have a video from 2kwk4u I'll try to post, an adv or something.

[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts