Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why both mirrors worked to adjust one day and the next time you try to adjust them you get nothing on either side. NADA....any thoughts appreciated
Thanks
Bonnie

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Blown fuse?

·
Administrator
9,484 Posts
The left-right rocker switch has a center-off position that prevents adjustment.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts

·
Administrator
9,484 Posts
Thanks. It when I switch from left to right. I know the middle is off. Thanks

I'll check that. Hope that's all it is. I did take it thru a carwash and they tilted the mirrors in.
It never hurts to verify the simple things,

The mirrors are designed to fold in, and the wirng inside them is pretty well protected, so that shouldn't have caused a problem, but a blown fuse is one of the few things that would affect both mirrors at the same time. You haven't mentioned it, so I assume the answer is no, but has anything else stopped working?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It never hurts to verify the simple things,

The mirrors are designed to fold in, and the wirng inside them is pretty well protected, so that shouldn't have caused a problem, but a blown fuse is one of the few things that would affect both mirrors at the same time. You haven't mentioned it, so I assume the answer is no, but has anything else stopped working?
Nope. Can't see that the fuse is blown, I checked it. I didn't see a break but I'm going to replace it anyway. Of that's not it?? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,538 Posts
Depending on how spry you are (in my case not) removing the door, while easy-ish, is a job made way easier with a second set of hands, or some well placed boxes to set it down an inch or two lower than door height so that you have both hands free to disconnect the plastic connectors on the wiring.
FWIW

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, this just happened to me as well. I understand that the mirror switches are a problem with these cars as water can get in them and corrode the contacts. I replaced the switch which cleared it up. They are about $50 on ebay. You will need to pop off the door panel to access the switch. It is an easy job and there are videos on ebay.
At the very least you could try blowing it out with compressed air from the side you can access.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts