Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and could not find this, so here I go.

What current GM vehicles are using the same paint as the Solstice?

Specifically:
Deep = ?
Envious = ?
Sly = ?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
stang said:
I did a search and could not find this, so here I go.

What current GM vehicles are using the same paint as the Solstice?

Specifically:
Deep = ?
Envious = ?
Sly = ?
Caddy CTS? I know that for the Sly.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Here are some cross-referenced colors I saved as a text file on my PC from two different threads months ago. I don't know who the original sources were or if they were accurate ...

somebody said:
25U Deep is same dark blue on Bonneville
38U Envious appears to be new but will be shared on 2006 G6
41U Mysterious - same black everywhere, Sunfire, SSR, etc, etc
42U Sly - same as Silver Smoke on Caddy CTS
50U Pure - same white as Sunfire
67U Cool - same silver on SSR, G6
74U Aggressive - same red as Sunfire and new Corvette, also Monte Carlo
somebody else said:
25U Bonneville, Yukon, CTS, LeSabre
38U Envoy
41U Almost any black GM car
42U Caddy CTS
67U SSR, G6, Envoy, CTS, Regal, LeSabre
74U Sunfire, new Corvette, Monte Carlo, Aztek

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Stang,

Look at the GMC Envoy. If you go to a Pontiac/GMC/Buick dealership and start looking through the brochures, the color codes are usually listed.

For example, I ordered Green 38U. I went through the brochures that are setup in a kiosk in the middle of the showroom and found that the Envoy's Green is also 38U. Then, I went out to the parking lot and found a Green Envoy.

That's how I decided which color to get. :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Fortimir said:
Caddy CTS? I know that for the Sly.
The Sly for the CTS is the silver smoke. Awesome color! I would have picked it but I didn't want two cars the same color!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I found this on the net. Very interesting and a bit confusing. :crazy:

GM - (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Geo, GMC, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saturn): GM has a fairly confusing code system. For example, the color code 96/WA8867 listed on our site can be shown on your vehicle as: 96U 96L 8867 WA8867 8867L 8867U. Often there will be a BC CC before the color code. This stands for Basecoat/Clearcoat. The U in the paint code means the Upper Color and the L means the Lower Color. Two tone vehicles will have each color coded, i.e. 96U and say 36L. Also, it could be 8867L or 8834U, etc. Just don't get confused by the BC CC and the U and L. What you are looking for is a match on your color plate that matches at least part of what we show on our site.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I remember being somebody or somebody else, anyway I cross referenced actual GM part #'s for touchup paint in order to determine matching cars.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
achieftain said:
I remember being somebody or somebody else, anyway I cross referenced actual GM part #'s for touchup paint in order to determine matching cars.
Ah ... that's cool. I didn't mean to slight you there, chief ... just didn't have the whole posts saved and didn't feel like doing that much digging to try and find them.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SlySol said:
Ah ... that's cool. I didn't mean to slight you there, chief ... just didn't have the whole posts saved and didn't feel like doing that much digging to try and find them.
No biggie, Sly. It was actually fun to research the paint codes and learn a little at the same time.http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. I'm just trying to see a color in person. I'm thinking that Deep (blue) is not metallic, but I can't tell. I'm leaning towards Deep and Sly. I like Envious, but think it would look better with a Khaki interior and top. Oh well, I guess I'm a man on a mission. :patriot:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
timmyzthree said:
I asked about the colors in another thread and the reply I got was,
COOL, SLY, DEEP and ENVIOUS are metallic, the rest are not. :cool:
Yup, only non-metalic colors are red, black and while...rest are metalic.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Saw an Orange 350Z Roadster today- Sweet

Anyone out there a car painter in their spare time.

I ordered a Silver Sol (yeah I know every second car on the road is silver).

My thinking was that if I really got bored with it, the Silver would make a good base for a tinted clear coat (candy apple). But I don't know if this would work, so anyone has any car refinishing experience, feedback appreciated. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Anyone out there a car painter in their spare time.

I ordered a Silver Sol (yeah I know every second car on the road is silver).

My thinking was that if I really got bored with it, the Silver would make a good base for a tinted clear coat (candy apple). But I don't know if this would work, so anyone has any car refinishing experience, feedback appreciated. :yesnod:
Well, I painted cars for many years, and I don't think I would do this under any circumstances. I would want to start from scratch. Too many possible problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
More colors

I am really hoping to see some more colors come avalible next year. Quess which one I am looking for. :yesnod:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts