Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another door closes.

There will be some great stories on the other side and a lot here as well. The lead photo in the obit shows Moss in 1955. His expression was similar over the years.

A life well spent, I'd venture to say. Reading about it during his 90 years gave me some pleasure. Somewhere there's a 300SL weeping oil tears.

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
He was a real gentleman. I met him and had a few words with him when I was racing at the historics at Monterey back around 1980. He was also still a great driver despite having retired years before. I think he enjoyed getting to run with drivers who weren't on the track when he was still racing (IIRC we had Jackie Stewart, Fangio, Bob Bondurant, Dan Gurney and probably a bunch I have forgotten at that race weekend).

I wondered if he ever wished he hadn't stayed loyally with British cars to his own detriment in the F1 standings.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
A great thread, Richard Snipes. Thank you for sharing the life of one of the greatest.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I know when i started driving if i was going to fast my dad would look at me & say to me who do you think you are Stirling Moss or Jackie Stewart. Thanks for the article Richard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts