now for some less likely categories:

Handling
Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
- see Brakes: Anti-Lock
Brakes:
- Upgrade Kits & Parts
Exhaust
- Cat-back upgrade​

Take them with the requisite 10 lb block of salt.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Indexes are good...

Thanks for indexing the forum. I was starting to have trouble finding things, and the searching utility isn't quite as good or specific as Google's front end...

Wonderful list by the way. I kept thinking of things, checking and saying, "Nope, he's already got that covered." Bravo.

This index will help this forum be a repository of knowledge, rather than the echoes of conversations past.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Actually you might want to add this to the index page how to search the Solstice Forum using google, since it's search is usually a lot better then the one built into the forums.

You can do this by typing you search term then site:www.site.com
For example to search the forums using google to find anything involving supercharger;

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yup, Google works, but it lags behind

brentil said:
Actually you might want to add this to the index page how to search the Solstice Forum using google, since it's search is usually a lot better then the one built into the forums.

You can do this by typing you search term then site:www.site.com
For example to search the forums using google to find anything involving supercharger;
Google is good for stuff that has been on the Forum for a while, but for more recent entries, Google is usually at least a couple of weeks or more behind... :nonod:

The forum index however is (like any good index) an excellent starting point, and by its very list of entries can stimulate questions--"Oh, that sounds interesting... {click}... Cool! :) "

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
First thing I always do is go to new posts. Now, of course with the increase traffic if you miss a day of checking there can be 2 pages of new posts and the one you were last on is hopefully on the second page (if I remember to look) An index is a great idea.

With the past comparisons to the '53 'vette for concept, size, pricing, execution and to the C5 and C6 for component layout, etc I think Corvette deserves a spot on the index. I don't think there is enough to subdivide by early and late.

You might want to make sure that the info about GT4 on PS2 with the coupe concept is referenced under the hardtop coupe-concept.

Merchandise (pontiacmall, solticestuff) not to give them free advertising, but people will be interested and culd eventually find the info by doing a search.
These sites are probably too "big" for Troy to seek sponsorship from, but a request couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
152 Posts
How about links that work?

do old threads get deleted? that might be why some of them don't work any longer

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
USMC said:
How about links that work?

do old threads get deleted? that might be why some of them don't work any longer
REALLY? Which links?

It is possible that if there are offsite links, these may no longer work, but I am pretty sure that older threads don't get auto deleted - so any of the links to solsticeforum.com urls should work just fine...

·
Registered
152 Posts
SolsticeMan said:
REALLY? Which links?

It is possible that if there are offsite links, these may no longer work, but I am pretty sure that older threads don't get auto deleted - so any of the links to solsticeforum.com urls should work just fine...
There were just a couple, no big deal. just letting the admin know like it asks.

some of the ones from the solstice forum site index
( http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2271 )

this one-- Allocation Process (vehicles)
( http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39586&postcount=5 )

there were only a couple, can't find any of them now except for the one listed above. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
USMC said:
There were just a couple, no big deal. just letting the admin know like it asks.

some of the ones from the solstice forum site index
( http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2271 )

this one-- Allocation Process (vehicles)
( http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39586&postcount=5 )

there were only a couple, can't find any of them now except for the one listed above. Thanks!
I get an active thread here: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2339

and I clicked on each of the others you show and got active threads. Strange :confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
wierd, but thanks... the link you just listed works!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts