Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clicked on the new threads this morning and go at "do not go there" warning from google. Text of the 'help' window incl below:
------------
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for solsticeforum.com

What is the current listing status for solsticeforum.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 3320 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-02-03, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS36351 (SOFTLAYER).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, solsticeforum.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Yes, when I use Chrome it gives me the "Malware here, do not enter" screen this morning. Didn't do this seven hours ago...

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Screenshot from Chrome:
Bad Forum.jpg

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yep, (google) I think it's goggle, (doesn't say who marked it as such tho on my browser), also blocked my access using firefox, this is still happening right now, I had to go to my browser and uncheck & go to my browsers options, security, and uncheck "block reported attack sites", after that I was able to post this message, otherwise it would not let me access anything...

Network security gone mad..:willy::cuss:
Whats the world coming to..:(

·
Administrator
9,209 Posts
Info has been forwarded to the site's corporate tech services. But, as was posted, even though there is an alert no malware has been found in the past 90 days.

IIRC this has happened in the past without there being a real issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why the frick does google have anything to do with determining what sites are safe? Are they the internet police now? Google needs to implode.

·
Administrator
9,209 Posts
Info just received from tech support

The alert has been notified to Google to clear asap, and the site's been checked and no malware has been found. It should be cleared in a few hours.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Still happening right NOW...:mad:

However, earlier today when I checked into the Sky forum, (look at my 1st post) the sky forum was NOT blocked...what gives??
I'll recheck after I leave here..:willy:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
Still happening right NOW...:mad:

However, earlier today when I checked into the Sky forum, (look at my 1st post) the sky forum was NOT blocked...what gives??
I'll recheck after I leave here..:willy:
The Sky forum and Solstice forum live on different servers/networks with different IP numbers.

The two domains that are causing the problem are on the same server/network as solsticeforum.com, hence the warning.

·
Administrator
9,209 Posts
The Sky forum and Solstice forum live on different servers/networks with different IP numbers.

The two domains that are causing the problem are on the same server/network as solsticeforum.com, hence the warning.
Doing search I found that there have been several Autofourm sites that have experienced the same issue today. I have sent another email to Autoforums as my "investigation" shows there is a possible issue with a Google Ad that may be the culprit.

In the mean time, if your computer does not have a good spyware/malware software installed I would suggest one! AVG has a free one that you can download.

·
Administrator
9,209 Posts
Response from Vertical Scopes/Autoforums:

The malware was present this morning for approximately 3 hours but has now been removed. The site is safe.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
It' s not happening on my Dell/IBM laptop, but I'm still experiencing it with my MAC BookPro!
I'll check the spyware/malware stuff on that one.
Hopefully it will get fixed.
Thanks MomsSol for the info!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts