Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fyi... we hit over 35,000 page views yesterday. It came from over 1800 unique visitors. A total of over 1.4 Gb of bandwidth was eaten up yesterday. :eek

·
Registered
533 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
fyi... we hit over 35,000 page views yesterday. It came from over 1800 unique visitors. A total of over 1.4 Gb of bandwidth was eaten up yesterday. :eek
If half of them are serious Solstice buyers (versus being interested in the Sky or just curious at this point), that represents about 5% of the first year's projected Solstice sales.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Holy monkey!!! :thumbs
Do you happen to know soem averages from over a month ago to see how much it's grown?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately our stats were down for a long time. We just recently got them back up and running. I do have the vbulletin stats but not the server stats.

For example, we have had one or two registrations a day normally. Some days none. Yesterday was a record with 9 new registrations.

I expect that this is a bit of a spike due to the auto shows and the Sky announcement. I'm sure we can expect to see steady growth as we near production though.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
I would say that this just confirms that people are hungry out there for exciting cars again. Not everybody has bought the SUV/Pickup trend.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
WOW, that is a lot of increased traffic! The forum seems to be holding up to it very well too! I have not noticed any slowdown in performance from normal.

I definately noticed the increased posting. It has taken up a lot more time the last couple days to keep up with everything! It has been fun to see all the new interest! :cool

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I definately noticed the increased posting. It has taken up a lot more time the last couple days to keep up with everything! It has been fun to see all the new interest! :cool
Yeah, for you to keep up with all the posts you make, you're going to need a T10,000 connection and be able to type 60 words a minute! :lol I know it's tough, my temporary situation has me on a really crappy dial-up right now, and I get swamped with all the threads. Next week I'll be on satallite, and that should help!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The site is on the servers that I run Corvetteforum on. I have three large servers leased. One is a dedicated database server. The other two mostly do load balanced web serving.

Any slowdowns on the site will be due to something going on over at CF most likely. We did over 1,000,000 page views there yesterday with over 56Gb of bandwidth taken up. :eek

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
The site is on the servers that I run Corvetteforum on. I have three large servers leased. One is a dedicated database server. The other two mostly do load balanced web serving.

Any slowdowns on the site will be due to something going on over at CF most likely. We did over 1,000,000 page views there yesterday with over 56Gb of bandwidth taken up. :eek
HOLY JACKMOLY!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
You better brace for next week, if we get the info we are waiting to here about the Solstice.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
Yeah, for you to keep up with all the posts you make, you're going to need a T10,000 connection and be able to type 60 words a minute! :lol I know it's tough, my temporary situation has me on a really crappy dial-up right now, and I get swamped with all the threads. Next week I'll be on satallite, and that should help!
Keeping up with my posts is not as big of a deal as keeping up with the threads. I generally read all the latest in the active threads whether or not I respond. Responding to them actually helps me keep up because I know where I left off last time. Otherwise I end up re-reading posts I checked out the previous time I was on the forum!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Keeping up with my posts is not as big of a deal as keeping up with the threads. I generally read all the latest in the active threads whether or not I respond. Responding to them actually helps me keep up because I know where I left off last time. Otherwise I end up re-reading posts I checked out the previous time I was on the forum!
Yeah, exactly. It's like, ok on this 5 page thread where's the last one i read? I always scan for my last post and work my way down. :D

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, exactly. It's like, ok on this 5 page thread where's the last one i read? I always scan for my last post and work my way down. :D
Why don't you just click on the little blue box on the very left of the thread title... it takes you to the first new post since your last log on.

I use that every time I come to the board. Threads with new posts are always shown in bold and the little blue box on the left takes you to the first new post in that thread. Great time saver on forums.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
rlhammon said:
Why don't you just click on the little blue box on the very left of the thread title... it takes you to the first new post since your last log on.
Thanks, I never knew that :smile

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
rlhammon said:

I use that every time I come to the board. Threads with new posts are always shown in bold and the little blue box on the left takes you to the first new post in that thread. Great time saver on forums.
I do when I'm on one computer for extended periods of time. However when I switch computers (which on average I use 3 different computers a day) the cookies get messed up sometimes and it things threads I viewed all day somewhere else are new still. So I end up wading through them.

·
Registered
535 Posts
When I'm done reading all the new posts, I always finish by hitting 'quick links' and then 'mark forums read' so that way it is always up to date from any computer I log in from.

·
Registered
161 Posts
brentil said:
I do when I'm on one computer for extended periods of time. However when I switch computers (which on average I use 3 different computers a day) the cookies get messed up sometimes and it things threads I viewed all day somewhere else are new still. So I end up wading through them.
More than one computer does cause problems with tracking.
You can also click the blue box next to the user name under the last post column and it takes you to the last post in the thread. Then work your way up from the bottom. It might be a bit faster?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dls6774 said:
More than one computer does cause problems with tracking.
You can also click the blue box next to the user name under the last post column and it takes you to the last post in the thread. Then work your way up from the bottom. It might be a bit faster?
Doesn't always work when an entire page worth of posts are done between visits sometimes. Because then you have to track back thorugh pages.

Personally I just use Firefox and I open about 5-10 threads at once and just start going through them. By the time I get done they've all been posted to again and I get this wonderful perpetual cycle going. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts