Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car ( VIN 113) has been sitting at produced, 3800 code for 3 weeks, since 8/2/05.
What gives????

I've heard on the forum:
Quality issues, waiting for parts, ie. dash.
Waiting for rail and trucks for delivery.
paint curing...

I've seen the plant parking lot filled with cars..

WHat's the delay, Pontiac folks....
Give us some insite, we know you read the forum..

PS: I called the 800 program number and all they suggested was for my dealer to call the GM "business center" ..
whatever that is......

Patience ran out....

FJ
:devil: :devil: :devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Wow that really sucks! Sorry to hear that. :( In 3 weeks you could have WALKED to Wilmington to personally drive your car back home. I'm thinking it's just that Pontiac is TRIPLE inspecting them because they want every single car to be perfect! Think of it that way and maybe you'll cheer up. :) Your time will come before many, soon enough you shall enjoy the unthinkable... your very own Solstice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I am at 4200 and lost

Well I know it will be here soon but GM shipping system need a little help. I have been at 4200 for 9 days. Dealer has everything but the car. Maybe Bob took it home for the weekend and forget to bring it back :lol: I am not sure why it is taking so long to get a car 565 miles but I am sure they have a good reason. :cool: What I don't understand is how in the world they can not tell me where this car is.
I shipped a package UPS the other day and tracked it everyday till it got to persons door step. They cant tell where a 25K car is when it has been built for 25 days except its shipped and EXP I/T 8/22. Well I guess I did get the right vin # as I keep asking Car 54 where are you??? So if anyone finds Car 54 on a truck send it on its way towards Indiana.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
beech23 said:
Well I know it will be here soon but GM shipping system need a little help. I have been at 4200 for 9 days. Dealer has everything but the car. Maybe Bob took it home for the weekend and forget to bring it back :lol: I am not sure why it is taking so long to get a car 565 miles but I am sure they have a good reason. :cool: What I don't understand is how in the world they can not tell me where this car is.
I shipped a package UPS the other day and tracked it everyday till it got to persons door step. They cant tell where a 25K car is when it has been built for 25 days except its shipped and EXP I/T 8/22. Well I guess I did get the right vin # as I keep asking Car 54 where are you??? So if anyone finds Car 54 on a truck send it on its way towards Indiana.
"Ooh, Ooh. Francis, I think we're on to somethin'." "Now, now Tootsie, just r e l a x."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Be careful, another member's car was shipped quite some time ago.

It is now BACK AT THE FACTORY!!!!! Yours may be in a similar situation
and your dealer does not want to tell you or doesn't know.

With all the issues coming out it may be a good thing I seem to be at the end of the 1000. I don't even have a VIN # yet. My dealer is unwilling to tell me the TPW. But wierdly enough NON-first 1000 folks are being told a TPW???

I would think at this point since the dates have been reset several times
they would be close to accurate.

But the smalldealer and others do not think so at this early stage of production.

Oct will be here real soon!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think something is fishy. :skep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
delivery delay

First1K, I was told that if you have the two tone leather your car will be delayed for interior quality issues. Look at what cars have been delivered. The VIN numbers are all over the place, but the interiors are black leather or cloth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
just got my vin

got the call today. Looks like I'm #554. The dealer said about two weeks before delivery. the same dealer is getting #407. cant hardly wait. :) :) :willy: :grouphug:
 
G

·
Just be glad you didn't receive this response from the dealer when trying to inquire as to the status:



-----Original Message-----
From: Sales [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:03 PM
To:
Subject: RE: RWS-Information Request-Quebedeaux Pontiac GMC

Well Gus is the one who is handling the orders. Let me apologize in advance, However if the information was of any value or use then I would go higher but a VOM # and event codes are meaningless and don't have any effect on getting your vehicle here sooner. If not being able to provide you with a VOM# or event code so inclines you to purchase your vehicle else where if there are any available that is your choice. We certainly won't have a problem selling these vehicles to those customers who are patiently waiting for some one to opt out of buying the Solstice from us regardless of a VOM# or event code.

Internet Sales Manager
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine is black with black leather interior..

I visited the dealer today, with a dozen donuts!!!
to have them check the VOM computer,and the salesmager said"
boy you must really want this CAR...

DUGH...

I gave you $1000 in April!!! for God sake!
Its almost 5 Months now....

Where is my car!!!
there are other VIN's before mine and after mine, with owners appling wax and driving with wind in their hair....

I give up.....

:devil: :brentil: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
Just be glad you didn't receive this response from the dealer when trying to inquire as to the status:



-----Original Message-----
From: Sales [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:03 PM
To:
Subject: RE: RWS-Information Request-Quebedeaux Pontiac GMC

Well Gus is the one who is handling the orders. Let me apologize in advance, However if the information was of any value or use then I would go higher but a VOM # and event codes are meaningless and don't have any effect on getting your vehicle here sooner. If not being able to provide you with a VOM# or event code so inclines you to purchase your vehicle else where if there are any available that is your choice. We certainly won't have a problem selling these vehicles to those customers who are patiently waiting for some one to opt out of buying the Solstice from us regardless of a VOM# or event code.

Internet Sales Manager
Well that's a Pi** Poor attitude. Whatever happened to customer relations??? :confused:
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
i believe you tpw is listed in the computer as 7-13-05 so he honestly dont know when it truely is
Bought_It said:
Be careful, another member's car was shipped quite some time ago.

It is now BACK AT THE FACTORY!!!!! Yours may be in a similar situation
and your dealer does not want to tell you or doesn't know.

With all the issues coming out it may be a good thing I seem to be at the end of the 1000. I don't even have a VIN # yet. My dealer is unwilling to tell me the TPW. But wierdly enough NON-first 1000 folks are being told a TPW???

I would think at this point since the dates have been reset several times
they would be close to accurate.

But the smalldealer and others do not think so at this early stage of production.

Oct will be here real soon!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think something is fishy. :skep:
 
G

·
The Mayor said:
Well that's a Pi** Poor attitude. Whatever happened to customer relations??? :confused:
:cool:
I thought so too. I will be paying the General Manager a visit at lunch tomorrow with that Email in hand. I fully expect to walk out of there with apoligies, my VOM # and all event codes to date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
-----Original Message-----
From: Sales [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:03 PM
To:
Subject: RE: RWS-Information Request-Quebedeaux Pontiac GMC

Well Gus is the one who is handling the orders. Let me apologize in advance, However if the information was of any value or use then I would go higher but a VOM # and event codes are meaningless and don't have any effect on getting your vehicle here sooner. If not being able to provide you with a VOM# or event code so inclines you to purchase your vehicle else where if there are any available that is your choice. We certainly won't have a problem selling these vehicles to those customers who are patiently waiting for some one to opt out of buying the Solstice from us regardless of a VOM# or event code.

Internet Sales Manager
You really ought to forward this to GM customer service - see what they can do with this :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Cocky little devil he is....
We certainly won't have a problem selling these vehicles to those customers who are patiently waiting for some one to opt out of buying the Solstice from us regardless of a VOM# or event code.
Do you have your VOM # or is that what you are trying to get from him? If you have it see if cricket can look you up.

All the more reason we need a self-service system GM ;)
 
G

·
MAKsys said:
You really ought to forward this to GM customer service - see what they can do with this :(

Done! But I will also be paying the GM a visit. The company I work for has been praised for our treatment of clients. If I treated our Clients like that, I would be canned on the spot.


mceb said:
Cocky little devil he is....

Do you have your VOM # or is that what you are trying to get from him? If you have it see if cricket can look you up.

All the more reason we need a self-service system GM ;)

According to their Internet Sales Manager, the VOM is useless to me. :lol: What a tool! I have been trying to get my VOM for quite some time now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
-----Original Message-----
From: Sales [mailto:[email protected]]
Subject: RE: RWS-Information Request-Quebedeaux Pontiac GMC

... but a VOM # and event codes are meaningless and don't have any effect on getting your vehicle here sooner.
I hate the lack of information about our cars also, but it appears the dealers are caught between a rock and a hard place on this one. As much as we all may hate hearing it, the above statement seems to be correct ... that event code information is not accurate, until the car is produced at least, and can not be relied upon at this early stage. So the dealer can either tell you nothing or tell you information that is probably wrong. With your case, we have a dealer trying to err on the side of caution, which ends with a pissed off client. In another example, we have a dealer who let his client know what the system said and then that client was pissed off because the production dates changed and he had gotten his hopes up prematurely. Check out this thread ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69209

And that is certainly not an isolated incident. There are many other examples of the same thing happening, as several others pointed out. It appears that clients are going to end up pissed off no matter what the dealers do. I really hope GM does something to correct the information in their systems soon, but until they do, dealers were warned not to give out the production dates and that may just be a better solution than giving out incorrect information as we have seen in other threads.

Don't get me wrong, BadAz ... I do think that e-mail was worded rather harshly and a bit more blunt than it should have been, but it must be somewhat frustrating for the dealer, knowing that the customer will probably be unhappy no matter which route they take. Oh well ... let us know how your visit goes. You should at least be able to get your VOM # for your own peace of mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Mine was produced the week of July 18th, VIN 23, and I and my dealer haven't heard a peep! Excelsior, I think you got my car mistake! :lol: The truth is we and GM are the victums of an archaic delivery system that would not be tolerated in my or ANY other business. Does GM have a clue how much this slows down their cash flow?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
My dealer checked last Tuesday and the status was "4800 off rail", he checked yesterday and it is "Aug. 18th 4800 EDD shipped". He is the Sales Mgr. and he has never seen EDD shipped. :willy:
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top