Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody no how big the seat is... looks really cramped. i'm a pretty big guy i was hoping i could fit inside the car..

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The preliminary reviewers are saying it's fairly roomy interior-wise. The car itsself is only an inch narrower than a Corvette. Car & Driver published the only review thus far stating that guys over 6' tall may feel cramped. Keep in mind, though, that the cars they let reviewers drive were only test mules without finalized interiors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

ohh i c i'm 6'5 so i might have a prob but it will be my summer car so i probly have the top off most of the time i hope it gots alot of leg room... might be a prob for some of us bigger guys.. thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Well, I think Autoweek published just the opposite, stating that tall guys would feel comfortable with all the legroom. I'm not sure how two reviewers can drive the same car and arrive at two different conclusions.

The following quote is from this article:
http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=coverstory&loc_code=index&content_code=01911011

"Solstice's larger size was welcomed when getting behind the wheel. At a bit more than six feet tall, we had no problem finding a comfortable driving position with decent legroom and great shoulder room. At no time did we feel cramped or uncomfortable"

And now for Car & Driver's take, found on the second page of this article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=8119&page_number=1

"There also seemed to be a shortage of longitudinal space in the cockpit. If things remain as they are, anyone over six feet tall is going to feel cramped, although the Solstice team says it will gain some fore-and-aft room when the production rear bulkheads are in place."

So there you have it. It sounds like C&D's opinion may even change if the promised additional fore-and-aft room is gained in the finalized production car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Well, I think Autoweek published just the opposite, stating that tall guys would feel comfortable with all the legroom. I'm not sure how two reviewers can drive the same car and arrive at two different conclusions.

The following quote is from this article:
http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=coverstory&loc_code=index&content_code=01911011

"Solstice's larger size was welcomed when getting behind the wheel. At a bit more than six feet tall, we had no problem finding a comfortable driving position with decent legroom and great shoulder room. At no time did we feel cramped or uncomfortable"

And now for Car & Driver's take, found on the second page of this article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=8119&page_number=1

"There also seemed to be a shortage of longitudinal space in the cockpit. If things remain as they are, anyone over six feet tall is going to feel cramped, although the Solstice team says it will gain some fore-and-aft room when the production rear bulkheads are in place."

So there you have it. It sounds like C&D's opinion may even change if the promised additional fore-and-aft room is gained in the finalized production car.
on another forum, i offered a theory on the differences of opinion. its possible that since so many reviewers were testing the two mules at the same time, that some of them drove one car and the others drove the second mule. the two mules may have had significant differences in the cabin. the first mule could have been cramped, which they rectified when they built mule #2. it would also explain why some mags reported the car at 85% complete and others at 75%.

but, car and driver really doesnt like GM at all. you dont have to look very hard at their reports to see some bias. did anyone see the slamfest they did on the new GTO on car and driver television? :rolleyes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info...

i was also wondering if this car will be easy to mod 170 hp is kinda small..

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
MaKaVeLi said:
i was also wondering if this car will be easy to mod 170 hp is kinda small..
Should be pretty easy to mod. There are cars on the "import" drag racing circuits making 1,000 hp with ecotec engines as their baselines. Also, cars like the Solstice tend to get loads of aftermarket support. I wouldn't be surprised to see mods available specifically for the Solstice before the car itsself even hits showroom floors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1000hp!!!!!!

lol i think 1000hp is over kill thats amazing wut kind of 0-60 times would that give ya??? how much do u think a supercharger would cost for the solstice??

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Even the reviewers cannot be certain those test mules were any indication of how the cabin will actually feel. The seats may not have been indicitive of the production units, and a lot of trim items were not in place. Based on the cars width, and eyeballing it at Detroit, it does seem to have good room compared to some other roadsters like the Miata, but its not huge either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts